EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   New J-pipe has no nipple (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/743378-new-j-pipe-has-no-nipple.html)

4G63_Crazy Sep 17, 2017 02:03 AM

New J-pipe has no nipple

Hey everybody

so, im installing my BR street core Fmic and in the package, I got a new j pipe that goes along with the LICP to the kit. However, there is no nipple for the (vacuum?) hose on the new j-pipe. What should I do? Thanks.

Boost Demon Sep 17, 2017 02:58 AM

Either, drill and place a barbed fitting on the j-pipe, or (if you're not running a Tial BOV) tee off of the BOV line. Seeing what Buschur Racing recommends would be good too.

gsrboi80 Sep 17, 2017 04:13 AM

I had a BR J Pipe when I still ran a stock frame Turbo, I did as stated above, Drilled and added a barbed fitting.

4b11slayer Sep 17, 2017 02:45 PM

Or you can simply tap into any vaccum source for a pressure signal.
The j pipe is best location. But you can use any source of vaccum/boost source.

4G63_Crazy Sep 17, 2017 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by 4b11slayer (Post 11772534)

Does anyone have a pic or anything of what I should tap into? Don't want to cut something and mess up by cutting anything wrong.

4b11slayer Sep 17, 2017 07:33 PM

You just need a t barbed fitting from home depot. Cut and tap blow off valve vaccum line.

4G63_Crazy Sep 18, 2017 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by 4b11slayer (Post 11772584)
You just need a t barbed fitting from home depot. Cut and tap blow off valve vaccum line.

And the vaccum line is just the small hose coming out from the top of the BOV?

4b11slayer Sep 18, 2017 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by 4G63_Crazy (Post 11772660)
And the vaccum line is just the small hose coming out from the top of the BOV?

Yea. So all it is, a boost source. And the other line goes to your waste gate actuator.

You can tap into the nipple on the intake manifold. I would just stay away from tapping into the fuel pressure regulator vaccum source. Thats just me tho.

LetsGetThisDone Sep 18, 2017 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by 4b11slayer (Post 11772534)

No. The boost controller needs a pre throttle body source, which is what the fitting on the Jpipe is for.

4G63_Crazy Sep 18, 2017 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone (Post 11772734)
No. The boost controller needs a pre throttle body source, which is what the fitting on the Jpipe is for.

Originally Posted by 4b11slayer (Post 11772666)
Yea. So all it is, a boost source. And the other line goes to your waste gate actuator.

You can tap into the nipple on the intake manifold. I would just stay away from tapping into the fuel pressure regulator vaccum source. Thats just me tho.

I did what 4b11slayer said and just used a t connecter on the BOV vaccum line. Drove it around and it seemed fine, but a little slower and not as high of psi, but I think that's the intercooler and needs a tune

LetsGetThisDone Sep 18, 2017 05:31 PM

Have fun with that when you're at part throttle, and pressure in the charge pipe is much higher than pressure in the manifold, causing the wastegate not to open as it should.

Also, the BOV needs a dedicated line to function properly. So you have two things wrong in your setup now.

4G63_Crazy Sep 18, 2017 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone (Post 11772790)
Have fun with that when you're at part throttle, and pressure in the charge pipe is much higher than pressure in the manifold, causing the wastegate not to open as it should.

Also, the BOV needs a dedicated line to function properly. So you have to things wrong in your setup now.

It's just temporary, I'll try to get the j-pipe drilled once I have the time