EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   Keep on getting boost cut or misfire with anything above 20 psi (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/745899-keep-getting-boost-cut-misfire-anything-above-20-psi.html)

Evo8life Jan 7, 2018 10:58 AM

Keep on getting boost cut or misfire with anything above 20 psi

Hi guys anyone has any idea about this if i increase boost for anything above 20 psi i start getting heavy boost cut what can cause such an isssue my plugs are almost new as for coils and wires any idea about this

Evo9_Dubai Jan 7, 2018 01:06 PM

What's your AFR like?
Was the car tuned?

Need more information or post a log.

Evo8life Jan 7, 2018 02:41 PM

I can post a log tomorrow i will be doing wot pulls on 19 and more psi to see whats different

Evo9_Dubai Jan 10, 2018 01:15 AM

In Beirut you guys have some good evo shops.
Also, you should consider checking the gap on your plugs. And which plugs did you install? oem?

cming21 Jan 10, 2018 01:40 AM

You got that log? I liked to see where you are at before I give advice. More info please.

Evo8life Jan 10, 2018 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by Evo9_Dubai (Post 11797036)
Also, you should consider checking the gap on your plugs. And which plugs did you install? oem?

im a Vw audi technician and thats my own car so i wanna fix it without seeking help from evl shops and im having trouble logging afr i bought a d sub232 yesterday i think today at night in gonna be ready and pull the trigger on a log

Evo8life Jan 10, 2018 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by cming21 (Post 11797044)
You got that log? I liked to see where you are at before I give advice. More info please.

most probably tonight i had problems with setting omni 4 bar and afr to evoscan which i think i fixed

Evo8life Jan 10, 2018 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by Evo9_Dubai (Post 11797036)

my plugs were installed by a shop 1.5k miles ago when i bought the car so no idea what they are i can take them out to see and i have a set of ngk bpr8 brsnd new that i bought from maperformance bit didnt installed my plugs were not GAPPED they just installed them i can send my timing and fuel maps if you want

Evo8cy Jan 10, 2018 05:05 AM

Are you positive it is boost cut, or is it heavy hesitation/misfire?

Marios

Evo8life Jan 10, 2018 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Evo8cy (Post 11797057)
Are you positive it is boost cut, or is it heavy hesitation/misfire?

Marios

Yes it might be hesitation or misfires but im not getting any codes on evoscan for it once i decrease boost on my hallmann mbc everything goes back to normal

Evo8cy Jan 10, 2018 07:15 AM

Pull the spark plugs and inspect them, see if they've got any oil residue on them. Put the new ones in, gap them to 0.55mm. Next time use ngk br7es gapped to 0.55mm and you should be fine with power and boost you are running.

There are those times that one should rely on shear experience and knowledge instead of obd2. You do not always get misfire codes with evoscan.

Marios

Evo8life Jan 10, 2018 10:45 AM

3 Attachment(s)
could not log afr yet as the serial port is not attached I had a fuel cut in the highest boost run were hitting the gas did absolutely nothing so took my foot off then went wot again and car pulled I can post my fuel and timing table also if that's helpfull

Evo8life Jan 10, 2018 10:49 AM

thank you man for helping In all my questions I will gap the new plugs tomorrow and put them in and see if that helps but actually I don't think that's the problem but will try it anyway

Evo8life Jan 11, 2018 12:59 PM

6 Attachment(s)
new logs with afr uploaded but car did not want to cut or hesitate I reached 24 psi and car was going without encountering anything at all but im seeing recently a rich idle that goes down all the way to 11.2 sometimes its not stable anymore my idle is always falling into 12.5 and lower

Evo8life Jan 12, 2018 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by cming21 (Post 11797044)

logs attached