EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   Keep on getting boost cut or misfire with anything above 20 psi (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/745899-keep-getting-boost-cut-misfire-anything-above-20-psi.html)

2006EvoIXer Feb 28, 2018 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Evo8life (Post 11807015)
I only have surge at light throttle in high gears i will be swapping MAF this saturday to see what happens

It doesn't make sense to get surges on light throttle. I can see you WGA duty cycle is all over the place too. How are you controlling boost? 3-port?

Evo8life Feb 28, 2018 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by 2006EvoIXer (Post 11807016)
It doesn't make sense to get surges on light throttle. I can see you WGA duty cycle is all over the place too. How are you controlling boost? 3-port?

im running a halmann manual boost controller.do they cause issues normally?i have never seen an mbc setup before my car all the cars i owned or my friends owned were electronically boost controlled,i noticed something that i need to turn the mbc too much to attain 24 psi between 21 -24 psi there is like 4 full turns

2006EvoIXer Feb 28, 2018 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Evo8life (Post 11807019)
im running a halmann manual boost controller.do they cause issues normally?i have never seen an mbc setup before my car all the cars i owned or my friends owned were electronically boost controlled,i noticed something that i need to turn the mbc too much to attain 24 psi between 21 -24 psi there is like 4 full turns

Try cleaning your MBC. I now wonder how healthy your WGA is.
But before turning up the boost, we need to know why you're getting knock. Check your TPS. Your last log showed only 66% and timing was advanced to 11 degrees, IDC dropped, and AFR went to 14. Luckily, timing was pulled to -3.

Evo8life Feb 28, 2018 10:40 PM

I will be installing a fuel pressure sensor to the car to be able to collect data about fuel pressure status that will help pointing out whete to start diagnosing the issue

Biggiesacks Mar 1, 2018 05:47 AM

try raising your load limits?

Evo8life Mar 1, 2018 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks (Post 11807133)
try raising your load limits?

i already have them at 300 i think boost cut is not the correct word to describe the symptoms its more of a missfire

Biggiesacks Mar 1, 2018 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Evo8life (Post 11807135)
i already have them at 300 i think boost cut is not the correct word to describe the symptoms its more of a missfire

yah turn them up to maybe 330 or 350 and see if that helps. I couldn't really tell from your logs what load your actually hitting during the event.

Side note, you should tweak your logs. You are logging too much stuff at once, and you are logging things you don't need to be. You should trim it down to only essential stuff and, If you aren't on a modded ROM (tephra) then you should probably setup your mut table to do 2byte load logging. You are logging a few different kinds of load which you don't need to be. There are alot of threads on doing both these things you can search for. Your logging will be faster if you do this.

Biggiesacks Mar 1, 2018 06:33 AM

Actually Strike that, don't raise your limits. I think you should consider getting some professional help tuning the car, or spend a bunch of time reading up on logging and tuning in general before tweaking the safety measures in the ECU. Turn the boost down to where AFR's and knock are safe. There is literally everything you need to know to tune an evo in our ecuflash subforum. There is also this guide to get you started http://www.evoscan.com/ecuflash/Merl...UIDE-V1.7a.pdf

Evo8life Mar 1, 2018 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks (Post 11807143)
Actually Strike that, don't raise your limits. I think you should consider getting some professional help tuning the car, or spend a bunch of time reading up on logging and tuning in general before tweaking the safety measures in the ECU. Turn the boost down to where AFR's and knock are safe.

im not hitting load limit im sure as max load im hitting is 250 so im still so far away from 300.i know how to deal with the tune i have read and taken courses about efi tuning ,as for the logs you are right i need to remove unessential things and keep the most important things

Biggiesacks Mar 1, 2018 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Evo8life (Post 11807145)
im not hitting load limit im sure as max load im hitting is 250 so im still so far away from 300.i know how to deal with the tune i have read and taken courses about efi tuning ,as for the logs you are right i need to remove unessential things and keep the most important things

I don't know how you know that though, the most accurate load reading from a non modded rom is 2byte load and in your log that is reading like 5000 so clearly thats not setup correctly in the mut table.

Evo8life Mar 1, 2018 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks (Post 11807147)
I don't know how you know that though, the most accurate load reading from a non modded rom is 2byte load and in your log that is reading like 5000 so clearly thats not setup correctly in the mut table.

man just look at 1byte load im on tephra v7

Biggiesacks Mar 1, 2018 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Evo8life (Post 11807148)
man just look at 1byte load im on tephra v7

Oh didn't see that you where on v7 already, you are just logging like every type of load in evoscan so its a bit confusing.

Evo8life Mar 1, 2018 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks (Post 11807151)
Oh didn't see that you where on v7 already, you are just logging like every type of load in evoscan so its a bit confusing.

hahaha yeah your right about that i will just trim down the uneeded parameters

Biggiesacks Mar 1, 2018 06:56 AM

do you have no lift to shift turned on? It almost looks like that is getting triggered or something.

Evo8life Mar 1, 2018 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks (Post 11807154)
do you have no lift to shift turned on? It almost looks like that is getting triggered or something.

no lift shift is not enabled the issue is around peak torque at max boost when it happens once it just doesnt go away until decreasing boost,when i re increase boost after a day or so the car just runs fine for a few weeks until encountering the problem again