EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   Buschur Upper-Intercooler pipes (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/76778-buschur-upper-intercooler-pipes.html)

chris86530 Apr 19, 2004 05:25 PM

Buschur Upper-Intercooler pipes

Just wondering if the Buschur Upper Intercooler kit works with the stock intercooler?

zupber4930 Apr 19, 2004 05:29 PM

Yes it does!

Creamo3 Apr 19, 2004 05:40 PM

{thumbup}

GREDDY Apr 20, 2004 12:15 AM

Check out their website, it says it will fit the stock unit.

I'm still debating between the BR and the UR I/C pipping. At this moment in time, no one has any specification(like how much bends or inches it eliminated) on the UR. Still waiting for info before buying.........

mrdecibel Apr 20, 2004 01:22 PM

Not much difference can be made with the UIC pipe. Get the cheaper one or best looking one, depending on you priorities. I went with BR myself.

MattGold Apr 20, 2004 05:03 PM

No offense but it's time for some of your own advice! :)

Taken from the BR website:

"This is a pic of our prototype upper intercooler pipe kit for the new EVO 8. ... Our upper intercooler pipe upgrade eliminates 6 bends and 16" of length thereby reducing the flow restriction (less length, less bends, less restrictive flow). "

and as for the Intercooler kit

"... We were able to save 20" of intercooler plumbing length and 5 bends from the lower intercooler plumbing alone. This in conjunction with our upper intercooler pipe kit saves 11 bends and a total of 36" over the factory intercooler plumbing! Less bends, less restriction, more hp!..."

BR IMHO is the only way to go! {thumbup}

Originally posted by GREDDY
Check out their website, it says it will fit the stock unit.

I'm still debating between the BR and the UR I/C pipping. At this moment in time, no one has any specification(like how much bends or inches it eliminated) on the UR. Still waiting for info before buying.........

stvbreal Apr 20, 2004 05:04 PM

It will fit, with some work. :)

BADEVO Apr 20, 2004 05:13 PM

Originally posted by MattGold

"This is a pic of our prototype upper intercooler pipe kit for the new EVO 8. ... Our upper intercooler pipe upgrade eliminates 6 bends and 16" of length thereby reducing the flow restriction (less length, less bends, less restrictive flow). "

"... We were able to save 20" of intercooler plumbing length and 5 bends from the lower intercooler plumbing alone. This in conjunction with our upper intercooler pipe kit saves 11 bends and a total of 36" over the factory intercooler plumbing! Less bends, less restriction, more hp!..."

SLAM!!!

GREDDY Apr 20, 2004 11:34 PM

If you would've read, I was talking about the UR pipe specs, not the BR. I know the specs on the BR. There is no spec's on the UR. I'm waiting for specs for the UR to compare to the BR's. Get it!

Originally posted by MattGold

GREDDY Apr 20, 2004 11:36 PM

Next time, before putting someone in their place........ Make sure you read the post correctly first so it doesnt make you look bad. {thumbup}

MattGold Apr 21, 2004 05:51 PM

Originally posted by GREDDY
Next time, before putting someone in their place........ Make sure you read the post correctly first so it doesnt make you look bad. {thumbup}
Wasn't trying to put you in your place, and I know I don't look bad...:)

I think the absesnse of info for the UR may tell ya something... anyhow, look at a pic of the UR and you can count the bends... better yet give them a call on the phone, if they say they don't know, they probably just don;t wanna tell.

geeze, touchy touchy. :lol: