Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

The Latest out of San Fran

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2004, 08:28 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Latest out of San Fran

WORKS has been working on a number of projects lately and has completed a few and nearing completion a number of others. The one I’m most excited about has got to be the Water Injection. I think our engineers are on the sixth prototype and looks like we’ve finally got something to fulfill their every need. It’s truly a work of art and its almost a shame that it’s partially buried inside the engine bay Our unit taps into the large intercooler reservoir and shares the water/alcohol with the intercooler sprayer. Other key features:

-complete with failsafe devices to prevent overboost/detonation in case of a line blockage, pump failure or low fluid level
-control unit mounted inside the cockpit to keep you aware of the status of the main unit and its function as well as a low-level indicator
-full control via the ECU
-factory matched ECU plugs so there’s no splicing into the stock harness

It’s about as plug-n-play as you can get—it requires a hole to be drilled in the intercooler piping and you’ll need to splice into the sprayer tube. Other than that it’s mounting the control unit somewhere visible on the inside and mounting the bracket with the pump, etc… nice and tidy up against the frame near the intercooler reservoir. I can’t wait to get one of my own

Along with the water injection, we’ve also got a new category of products suited for those looking to give up a little comfort for better performance without any loss in quality. Our new WORKS Racing Program has been rolled out and currently includes newly released items like our Resonated Test Pipe, Aperture II, Urethane Suspension Bushings, adjustable front Camber Plates, WORKS/Ohlins Group-N coilovers, RPS Twin Carbon clutch and a few items coming that should be here just in time for the holidays.

Looks like we’re going to be expanding here at the shop as it is a little cramped at times. We’ve also picked up a spare engine we plan to play around with and drop into something once it’s complete. Who knows when that may be as there always seems to be some unfinished touches to add to our current projects

The shop car is getting ready to hit the dirt again as Chris prepares to make a move into first place for the season finale of the SFRSCCA Rally-X. That same weekend, we’re supposed to be at Laguna Seca (watching this time ). SEMA is coming up and we’re all looking forward to Vegas for a few days. There’s talk of attending a rally down there and an invitation event shortly thereafter. Then it looks like the last, but certainly not least, event of the year is going to be the big EVOm tuner shootout in December.

I sure hope we can get some things done around here--at least there’s the online store to help relieve some of those phone calls
Old Oct 7, 2004, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

do you have any pics or pricing for the water injection kit?
Old Oct 7, 2004, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

I was just going to start a thread about your WI kit. Have a couple questions.

Will it work with the AEM? Meaning can i set it up as another map on the AEM to add according to boost or whatever i want? Or is it a standalone setup were it is just on or off?

Also you Throttle Body. What are the changes in the 2nd version? Bigger? Any price quotes?

Chris
Old Oct 7, 2004, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how much is my question
Old Oct 7, 2004, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

It's $899 according to this> http://www.worksevo.com/store/produc...products_id=31
Old Oct 7, 2004, 05:23 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I was wondering about the compatibility with other flashes too. I have the P2 works flash, and it is the smoothest power I've experienced yet in a mail in flash. However, The P2 is also probably the lowest on the totem pole in over all power. I'm now somewhat interested in the Works WI after bumping heads with David V. for a long time (WI vs. FMIC for the masses). What you are offering seems to be the safest, most proactive system to date. However, many of us are going to be interested in flash programs from people in our area (or people like Al who will come to our area to do a custom flash) that can/will do custom tunes. So, is the Works water injection compatible with other flashes or not? If not, it will be of little use to the majority of users here.
Old Oct 7, 2004, 11:36 PM

First, I would like to thank WORKS in choosing RPS as there Twin Disc Clutch source in there Racing Program. I can understand for many of you, choosing the difference between brands can be difficult to break down and analize what is good for your pocket book and overall compromise when purchasing a $2500+ clutch. In clutches and flywheel related subjects are almost not talked about in depth. Let us help you understand more in this subject in our views. And would like to answer anyone's questions in our Clutch & Flywheel products.
Cheers,

Last edited by RPSPP; Oct 7, 2004 at 11:38 PM.
Old Oct 8, 2004, 01:22 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Zeus
I was wondering about the compatibility with other flashes too. I have the P2 works flash, and it is the smoothest power I've experienced yet in a mail in flash. However, The P2 is also probably the lowest on the totem pole in over all power. I'm now somewhat interested in the Works WI after bumping heads with David V. for a long time (WI vs. FMIC for the masses). What you are offering seems to be the safest, most proactive system to date. However, many of us are going to be interested in flash programs from people in our area (or people like Al who will come to our area to do a custom flash) that can/will do custom tunes. So, is the Works water injection compatible with other flashes or not? If not, it will be of little use to the majority of users here.

Technically it will work with other flashes but like other WORKS engine products, we will be offering a flash specifically optimized with our Water Injection kit. It will be a Free upgrade if you currently own a P1 or P2.

If you are local, we can still provide custom tuning for the Water Injection as well.
Old Oct 8, 2004, 02:06 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 2k4EvoVIII
Also you Throttle Body. What are the changes in the 2nd version? Bigger? Any price quotes?

Chris
The Aperture II is a larger bore. In fact, it is the largest bore you can get with the OEM piece. We found out the hard way that you can go any larger Because of the increased bore, you run into a bit of a step on the way into the intake manifold. WORKS recommends that you only run this with an aftermarket intake manifold or (at the very least) a modified OEM manifold. We're playing around with an OEM unit ourselves, but there's not a lot of material to work with in certain areas. The latest pricing and product information can be found on our webstore: http://www.worksevo.com/store/produc...roducts_id=117

Of course, our original Aperture is still available for those that don't want to fuss with the manifold as it is a perfect match to the intake inlet.
Old Oct 8, 2004, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Great Job!!!
Old Oct 9, 2004, 07:28 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by EM@WORKS
Technically it will work with other flashes but like other WORKS engine products, we will be offering a flash specifically optimized with our Water Injection kit. It will be a Free upgrade if you currently own a P1 or P2.

If you are local, we can still provide custom tuning for the Water Injection as well.
Good, so it is not run by the flash, but taps the ECU to monitor functions... Now I'm really interested as I'm way down in Texas and will have to use another tuner to meet my particular needs.

Last edited by Zeus; Oct 10, 2004 at 06:03 AM.
Old Oct 9, 2004, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wilson1
Nice! Looks like a "customized" Aquamist 2D. Very high quality.
Old Oct 10, 2004, 03:28 AM
Evolving Member

Is it possible to reflash the stock ecu for this, and run a piggyback computer with the water injection unimpeeded?
Old Oct 11, 2004, 04:57 PM

Great to hear that the Works WI system is ready at last!