Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Project Evo

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2004, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=rsboy]Damn you... I'm jealous! Hey how about sending a Jun shift knob to me?? If that' s not possible a JUN crate Evo engine would be cool! Door to door shouldn't cost too much.

QUOTE]
you can send them your engine, if you got $$$

philipine evo do you really need 1600cc injectors with 3240 turbo??
Old Oct 27, 2004, 06:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by philippine_evos
We'll make sure first it is perfect before sending it back.

JUN EVO: What turbo kit are you running on? Are we running almost on the same engine mods?
TD-06 25G
you will see the pics in DEC you will be shocked!!!!
Old Oct 27, 2004, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=maki]
Originally Posted by rsboy
Damn you... I'm jealous! Hey how about sending a Jun shift knob to me?? If that' s not possible a JUN crate Evo engine would be cool! Door to door shouldn't cost too much.

QUOTE]
you can send them your engine, if you got $$$

philipine evo do you really need 1600cc injectors with 3240 turbo??
if i could go for it, why not. im letting autoplus handle it. wheres your shop? i guess u guys have JUN products. Im going for a Skyline GTR R33 after this project Evo and im planning on a JUN set-up also
Old Oct 27, 2004, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JUN EVO
TD-06 25G
you will see the pics in DEC you will be shocked!!!!
damn, you're getting me excited for my JUN set-up too. I know its really gonna take long but I want consistent 9s in Philippine conditions. So i guess ur car is the fastest here in EvoM!? 9.3secs in the quartermile. With my set-up list, u think ill be running 9s too?
Old Oct 27, 2004, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

damn, you're getting me excited for my JUN set-up too. I know its really gonna take long but I want consistent 9s in Philippine conditions. So i guess ur car is the fastest here in EvoM!? 9.3secs in the quartermile. With my set-up list, u think ill be running 9s too?
dude i am from BAHRAIN which is in the Middle East somewhere....LOL
tell me what exactly you have told them to install and i will tell you if its the same as mine or not. my evo is a VII and yours?????
by the way, they tested my car on NORMAL STREET tyres!!!! , what do you think it will be when i install street slicks which they are on the way now?
Old Oct 27, 2004, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

dude i am from BAHRAIN which is in the Middle East somewhere....LOL
tell me what exactly you have told them to install and i will tell you if its the same as mine or not. my evo is a VII and yours?????
by the way, they tested my car on NORMAL STREET tyres!!!! , what do you think it will be when i install street slicks which they are on the way now?
Its an Evo VIII i purchased in the USA but it is being shipped now to the Philippines for the JUN set-up. There is a partnership between JUN and AUTOPLUS Philippines. This guy named Andrej will also be coming to tune the car in Manila. He is based in Australia at a shop named Croydon, the official distributor of JUN products in AU. The car will be tested and done in Manila. I thought all the while that they are pulling my engine down, but instead, they are sending the JUN engine to Manila for the set-up. JUN mechanics will also come down here with Andrej. There is also a Civic here that will be fitted with a JUN B18 engine.
Old Oct 27, 2004, 09:32 PM
Evolving Member

tell me what exactly you have told them to install and i will tell you if its the same as mine or not.
Its here, just scroll to the first page. For the transmission, ill be using a Hollinger 6-speed sequential
Old Oct 28, 2004, 09:43 PM
Evolving Member

Its here, just scroll to the first page. For the transmission, ill be using a Hollinger 6-speed sequential
can you please send me info about the HOLLINGER???????
Old Oct 28, 2004, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

I still think there is only so much people can know about a single car(yes very harsh to say but some facts behind the reasoning.) In the U.S. we have TOP NOTCH car tuners that pretty much put all their efforts into single cars or manufacturers for that matter. Lets put up a list (order has no significant value of course)
1. Vishnu-excellent tuner and parts guru
2. Turbo Trix- ***** to walls performance
3. AMS- Nice turbo Setups with quality in mind
4. RnR- Experimentation and Extreme power (2.4L engine for ex.)
5. Dynoflash- Competent tuner with great results
6. Buscher-Renowned Mitsu Performance buffs with technology backed by their long years of seniority in the dsm club.
7. ATP- Great turbos with less money out the pockets

Overall I do apologize if i left anyone out but this is late and I just saw the post. Seriously you could have spent so much less and gotten such AWESOME results. That’s why I enjoy watching the whole USDM market overtake much of what overseas is producing. It seems that US parts makers have what it takes and not charge an arm and a leg for their products.
Old Oct 29, 2004, 09:27 PM
Evolving Member

Talking

yeah i know man i loved it when they asked me for the paint job i agreed when they send me the pics for the engine color, it looks even better in real. i was there when they finished from my car. they are the best!!!!!!
the last race i had was with a Porsche 996 twim turbo 56o HP I SMOKED IT FROM THE BEGGINING, when Mr. Koyama tested my car at the circuit it hit 9.3 sec's 1/4 mile.
Your car is sick

Can you please send me some videos of your car in action? kidbanga10@yahoo.com
Old Oct 29, 2004, 09:38 PM
Evolving Member

Is this the same tranny that they use in the skyline? Will it fit in a Evo 8? and how much will it cost?
Old Oct 29, 2004, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

I wouldn't even bother with a 2.2. All the most powerful guys around are going 2.0, correct me if Im wrong, but the Sparco Evo is also.
Old Oct 29, 2004, 10:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by feldguy
I wouldn't even bother with a 2.2. All the most powerful guys around are going 2.0, correct me if Im wrong, but the Sparco Evo is also.
thats what i said first but believe me when you hit 2.0 BAR you will want MORE
Old Oct 29, 2004, 10:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
seems like a waste of time and money to me. 1 year is a long time to be without your car. there are plenty of people in the us who can do a better job, if you have the money, which you seem to have.

the m800 is an awesome ecu. i run one on my drag civic, it pretty much does whatever i can think of within reason.
Old Oct 29, 2004, 10:47 PM

that's crazy man