Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

question on greddy type s bov and intake question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2005, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question on greddy type s bov and intake question

Will the greddy type s make the car run rough like other bov's I have seen? Is it necassary to get an afc since I just purcahsed an aem intake, will the car run fine without an afc? Ive heard from some people it makes the car run even richer than it already is causing some problems, and other say its fine, I dont have the cash for an afc now, but I dont want to wait to intall intake if i dont have. thanks for any input.

Last edited by bigjhoney; Jan 26, 2005 at 04:20 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2005, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

search for the single spring mod on the Greddy Type-S....it will run fine if you do this mod
as for the intake Id hold off installing it until you have some more mods and Engine Management
Old Jan 26, 2005, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

afc will not help the problems from bov's. Usually its just fine tuning the spring. Most problems occur when you are in boost and you let off gas but not completely. The car likes to stutter a good bit. I had a hks valve vta and recir and it ran horribly. I went with GFB dual vent next and it worked perfect. I set spring as tight as it would go and did 20%VTA and 80% recir. It was loud as **** and worked great. Would notice stutter every now and then when in low boost and letting off gas a little bit but not completely, but never had backfiring issues or anything like that. I don't know much about the type s, but have heard people saying to change the spring "not sure which one" but they seem to work great.
Old Jan 26, 2005, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

and I have ran an intake and 3" back since the 2nd day I got my car. Never a single problems besides extra HP and awesome sound.
Old Jan 26, 2005, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
try it without the single spring mod- i didnt need it for the bov to work correctly for me
Old Jan 26, 2005, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Where you recir. or dumping to atmosphere?
Originally Posted by burningmoney97
try it without the single spring mod- i didnt need it for the bov to work correctly for me
Old Jan 26, 2005, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i tried both with no problems , but i went with recir

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=113527
Old Jan 26, 2005, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

Has anyone had first hand expierence with having an aem intake with no tune? If so how did the car run? thanks
Old Jan 28, 2005, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

aem intake

I would think since the car runs rich as it is from the factory, the intake would lean it out some.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

I have this setup and my car runs fine. The only problem I have noticed is if you give the car some gas and let the clutch out about half way to move up a little or for me to pull into my garage uphill, it will stall sometimes. I have found that I have to rev it a little after pushing the clutch back in to keep the rpms up. I plan on getting a flash so hopefully that might help a little. But other than that, I cant complain.

Originally Posted by bigjhoney
Has anyone had first hand expierence with having an aem intake with no tune? If so how did the car run? thanks