Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

500 whp on stock engine on pump gas and Alcohol Injection

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2005, 06:25 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
500 whp on stock engine on pump gas and Alcohol Injection

Hey guys - the reflashes and the alcohol kit have been working wonders with each other

Last week I was amazed to make 622 whp on my Evo with the same Alcohol kit - but I have a full race motor and stand alone, I was excited to try and see how much power could be made on a stock engine, basic bolt on parts and the ecu flash with Alcohol Injection.

Here is the kit :

Using that same kit on my race car I made 622 on winter blend 93 octane pump gas

Now today - we had an opportunity to test out the alcohol injection technology on a totally STOCK evo 8 motor using a Dyno Flash, basic bolt on parts, and the same winter gas 93 octane

I was amazed at the way this car spooled up, remember its the same exact turbo I have on my race car and the amazing power level I could safely make on pump gas with a total absense of any knock what so ever

The alcohol injection opens a LOT of doors and options with the stock ecu as you are injecting so much fuel into the intake system you free up the stock ecu feluing needs. I never though a car would run this well at this power level on a stock ecu based reflash.

The alcohol injection is a total amzement to me and really opens up pmp gas users to a amazing level of performance.

I am very curious to see how the Winsheild Washer Injection kits work next week and how the 50/50% mix compares to staight alcohol

Special thanks to David Buschur for showing me the way first on the concepts of tuning for big power on the reflash and second for the idea of designing and using this alcohol kit

Last edited by DynoFlash; Feb 19, 2005 at 07:07 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

edited: never mind

so the evo didn t have any after market part what so ever beside the kit?
Old Feb 19, 2005, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GTKage
edited: never mind

so the evo didn t have any after market part what so ever beside the kit?
no he meant stock motor, not totally stock evo.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

oh ok , i was going to say WOW here is my credit card info

so what other mods does the car has beside the kit and the reflash then?
Old Feb 19, 2005, 06:39 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by GTKage
oh ok , i was going to say WOW here is my credit card info

so what other mods does the car has beside the kit and the reflash then?
Stock motor means the internals are stock except for HKS 264 cams and head studs - stock pistons and rods

The car had the follwing mods

Dyno Flash
Alcohol Injection Kit
AMS GT35R Turbo kit and fmic
3" Exhuast
Tial bov
Hallman mBC
680 Injectors
Walbro fuel pump

Last edited by DynoFlash; Feb 19, 2005 at 06:49 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

GT25R turbo kit? I also think you are somewhat misleading by saying "stock motor". Granted you came back and listed the cams, but not until someone questioned the use of "stock".

Not trying to take away from your accomplishments, just trying to stay within the confines of truth.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 06:51 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Whoosh
GT25R turbo kit? I also think you are somewhat misleading by saying "stock motor". Granted you came back and listed the cams, but not until someone questioned the use of "stock".

Not trying to take away from your accomplishments, just trying to stay within the confines of truth.
Its not misleading - to me and those who race a plain vanila short block and head = "stock motor". "Built" motor = racing pistons, rods, balance shafts removed, porting big valves, o-rings, etc. I think its more a matter of how you use the terminology and lingo of a tuner vs. a lay person.

Remember - in the original post I mentioned that the car had "the sameexact turbo as on my race car" - obviously a clear indication that it had bolt on mods

Last edited by DynoFlash; Feb 19, 2005 at 06:57 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

O.K. Then let me ask what do you call the motor as it comes from the factory? Being a "lay person" I'd like to know. Please refrain from talking down to me.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

how many pounds of boost and stock head studs?

also do you feel comfortable changing head studs and no gasket?
Old Feb 19, 2005, 07:02 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Whoosh
O.K. Then let me ask what do you call the motor as it comes from the factory? Being a "lay person" I'd like to know. Please refrain from talking down to me.
If you have any issues - send me a PM and I can discuss my terminology with you. I think people reading the thread get the thrust of the point I am making.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 07:04 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by evolife04
how many pounds of boost and stock head studs?

also do you feel comfortable changing head studs and no gasket?
Pruven has done it dozens and dozens of times and I have never heard of any problems. However - changing the studs with the head on is clearly not the "ideal" manner in which to change the studs. The prefered manner is to remove the head - change the head gasket and install the studs after tapping the block to assure clean threads.

This said, I have never heard of anyone doing the job with the head on the car and changing the studs one at a time.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
If you have any issues - send me a PM and I can discuss my terminology with you. I think people reading the thread get the thrust of the point I am making.
I don't have any issues with myself or you! I mentioned earlier that I was not trying to take away from your accomplishments.

I'm one of the people reading this thread as I have numerous BR parts on my car.

I think I have the right to ask questions about your terminology. When you listed the mods on the car you (prior to edit) said it was a GT25R. I questioned that. I also asked what you call a motor as it comes from the factory. Is that not O.K. for me ask?
Old Feb 19, 2005, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Wow! Amazing work Al!
Old Feb 19, 2005, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

i want to buy the alkykit and get it tunned i will use it all the time on a daily basis.
i cant stand using 91 **** gas.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with Al. He said stock motor with big turbo in the first thread. Lets talk about the alcohol injection.

Al, you said it improves spool? Could you explain that?