Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Will the EVO VIII be sold out by early summer?
Most definately!
21.33%
No way
22.67%
If they do, they\'ll make more...
37.33%
I have no idea.
18.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Will the EVO sell out by summer?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2003, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will the EVO sell out by summer?

I spoke with Fireball, he thinks by july we who are waiting will be out of luck.....

What do you guys think?

I always thought when the cars sells out....they make more.
Old Jan 27, 2003, 01:24 PM

I dont think so. Mitsubishi is charging alot more then they should right now. 35-37 thousand. Of coarse thats the first year price and it doesn't even have the Active differential that the VII had. So i think that it will still be there but next year when the price drops it will go just as fast as the car.
Old Jan 27, 2003, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

I doubt it as well. They will be making these all year long. Granted they will come in small batches, but that means there will be a few coming every few months all year long...
Old Jan 27, 2003, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

I voted I have no idea cause.... hmmm... its the truth.

My 2 cents.
Old Jan 27, 2003, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Oz-Racer
I dont think so. Mitsubishi is charging alot more then they should right now. 35-37 thousand. Of coarse thats the first year price and it doesn't even have the Active differential that the VII had. So i think that it will still be there but next year when the price drops it will go just as fast as the car.
I thought it was around 29K........
Old Jan 27, 2003, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
They will bring more cars if demand is there for it! I seriously doubt, especially since around summer STi will be available as well, and that will take out some of the need...

Fedja
Old Jan 27, 2003, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Coolguy949

I thought it was around 29K........
it is, if you pay 35-37k, your getting a fat dick shoved up your ***.
Old Jan 27, 2003, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by MrAWD
They will bring more cars if demand is there for it!
Why do you think that, man? Based on this cars history in Japan, I would think the opposite. When the allotted amount was sold out, there were no more Evo's available till the next model year.

What changed that you think Mitsu will suddenly be able to make Evos in large quantities?

SC
Old Jan 27, 2003, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

Re: Will the EVO sell out by summer?

Originally posted by Coolguy949
I spoke with Fireball, he thinks by july we who are waiting will be out of luck.....

What do you guys think?

I always thought when the cars sells out....they make more.
Judging by the traffic I'm seeing in my district for the car and the numbers that everyone is getting, I don't think we will be out by summer but it will be close. There won't be a whole lot left to chose from.

Anyone who thinks "they'll just make some more if they run out" is smoking crack though.
Old Jan 27, 2003, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally posted by Secret Chimp
Why do you think that, man? Based on this cars history in Japan, I would think the opposite. When the allotted amount was sold out, there were no more Evo's available till the next model year.

What changed that you think Mitsu will suddenly be able to make Evos in large quantities?
Well, mainly due to the fact that RallyArt is not the one who is in charge of the Lancer Evolutions. They are coming out from the regular factory lines and if demand is there, they would match it (or loose money they could have and the worst part of that is that they would give it to the Subaru instead).

Fedja
Old Jan 27, 2003, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

I think the first "wave" will pretty much be pre sold, but I expect a 2nd wave to hit the US by this summer - maybe badged 2004s or something. I don't expect they will be any different then the 2003 (no ayc etc) because if MMC can sell cars in this form, why would they change?
Old Jan 27, 2003, 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

the Us has nearly 6 times the population of Japan...and Japan is getting 4500...i know 4500 won't be enough to meet demand here...if they sell out by summer i will get get pissed but i would get over it and just wait for the next years production and have a bigger down payment
Old Jan 27, 2003, 02:21 PM

US market

By the end of summer the affordable performance car market will be over flowed with new cars, with so many choices we'll just have to wait and see what is worth it. The prices should level out by then. I hope every one makes the right decision.

Kind Regards,
Old Jan 27, 2003, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

the Evo is the only car i will replace my current car with...nothing against the other cars..i have a good performaning car and i just don't want to change it for anything but an Evo
Old Jan 27, 2003, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

"Well, mainly due to the fact that RallyArt is not the one who is in charge of the Lancer Evolutions. "

But Ralliart wasn't a big part of the VII either right? And when VII's sold out, they didn't make more to meet demand either.

And meeting demand requires a lot more than just upping production. And upping the production would be expensive and reap minimal reward for Mitsu if they decided to do so.

I'm sure the number of Evos slated for this country is based partially upon how many the think they could sell here....but I think it was mostly based on how many they could realistically make with the facilities they currently have.

But this is all heresay and conjecture. I have no fact to back my argument up with, just history. Just as youhave no fact to back yours, other than the knowledge of supply and demand....we'll know for sure this time next year! So cheers!

SC

Quick Reply: Will the EVO sell out by summer?