Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Takes on APS BOV?!?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2005, 07:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i recently installed the APS BOV in my 05 EVO and have had no problems at all, top quality.. below is a link to the APS BOV thread, it has pics and a sound clip along with the distributor for the APS BOV. I hope this helps...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...hlight=aps+bov
Old Apr 13, 2005, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by J8dailo
my aps bov is coming in tomorow so i'll install it right away... im wondering is anyone else running this setup? i heard that this bov has idle issue and was told by others it don't... and both side seem to say it holds alot more boost..

whats people take on this piece?
The install took me 10 mins and I havent had a single idle issue, I can take my car to full boost in any gear put the clutch in and let the rpms drop with NO bounce (stock airbox and maf) The car has zero flutter from just letting off the gass from boost too. This bov is THE best bov I have ever seen. This comes from someone who has owned almost every type of mayjor bov there is. I cant recomind it enough.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LateSleeper
How's part throttle? Any studdering?
NONE, like I said in other post the bov is just to good to be true.. Its worth the wait. If you get backorder.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

any of you guys with the APS BOV have to adjust it after installing? or was it like Ron Popeil with a "set it and forget" kinda thing...

thanks
Old Apr 13, 2005, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

ya... whats the little nut on top of the bov for?

ya... thats the exact way i install it... but i do hear flutter noise when i let off my gas during low boost
Old Apr 13, 2005, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bigjhoney
Im guessing its the dual port, Does it help with the boost surge,in my case its mostly when im in 3rd gear and i start building boost and let off somewhat quickly, happens in 5th alot too.

Depends...i get that here and there. Doesnt always do it. Ive grown accustomed to slowly letting off the gas and i rarely have this happen anymore. I dont get it in 5th gear. Mostly my power gears...3rd, maybe 4th. It could have something to do with the screw setting. I am tempted to play around with it.

Originally Posted by EVOwhat
any of you guys with the APS BOV have to adjust it after installing? or was it like Ron Popeil with a "set it and forget" kinda thing...

thanks
Set it and forget it, works in this application, for me and many others.

ya... whats the little nut on top of the bov for?

ya... thats the exact way i install it... but i do hear flutter noise when i let off my gas during low boost
what nut? On the back side of the bov facing you?

Last edited by blackevoVII; Apr 13, 2005 at 09:01 AM.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
aps bov

When I first got my aps bov I put it on backwards. Once it was on correctly it worked awesome. It is not a loud bov but seems very effective.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOwhat

thanks
Its already dialed in......install and forget it
Old Apr 13, 2005, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blackevoVII
Depends...i get that here and there. Doesnt always do it. Ive grown accustomed to slowly letting off the gas and i rarely have this happen anymore. I dont get it in 5th gear. Mostly my power gears...3rd, maybe 4th. It could have something to do with the screw setting. I am tempted to play around with it.

Set it and forget it, works in this application, for me and many others.

what nut? On the back side of the bov facing you?

the arrow pointing to it
Old Apr 13, 2005, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

the arrow pointing to it
The white arrow on the backside of the bov facing ou when you open the hood is the adjusting nut (allen key) for how tight or loose the valve will be.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 01:56 PM
Silver Sponsor

the arrow pointing to it
That is the locking nut for the adjuster. loosen that nut and then stick a hex key in the top. Turn it clockwise to stiffen the BOv and counter-clockwise to Soften the valve.(lefty loosey righty tighty)

It comes set fine. But you can fine tune it if you wish.

Thanks for all your orders guys. We have these on the shelf so the backorder is over. We plan on having them instock all the time.

Let me know if you have any questions. We have installed these and played with them and know all about them.

Ben
Old Apr 13, 2005, 01:57 PM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by blackevoVII
The white arrow on the backside of the bov facing ou when you open the hood is the adjusting nut (allen key) for how tight or loose the valve will be.

AHHHHHHHHHH you beat me

Ben
Old Apr 13, 2005, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RallySport Direct
That is the locking nut for the adjuster. loosen that nut and then stick a hex key in the top. Turn it clockwise to stiffen the BOv and counter-clockwise to Soften the valve.(lefty loosey righty tighty)

Thanks for all your orders guys. We have these on the shelf so the backorder is over. We plan on having them instock all the time.

Let me know if you have any questions. We have installed these and played with them and know all about them.

Ben
thanks for clearing it up for me
Old Apr 13, 2005, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RallySport Direct

Ben

that could be a bit confusing. You'll want to stick the hex in the top of the screw. Youll see it.

haha the funny thing is i came back to edit my response to put in locking nut.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 01:59 PM
GP

Yeah, I definitely like the APS better than the MR bov which I had.
No studdering or idle problems here, all I hear is whoosh!
My MR bov had stalling issues?