Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

turbotrix or dynoflash?????

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2005, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
turbotrix or dynoflash?????

hi all. 1st let me start i am not trying to start a fight between shops and people and friends. I just would like to no the best place or most recomended shop to go to. Im shore both are great but like any human i want to best for my evo. So all i ask is if any 1 had bad experience with eather shop, was it solved?. Also the pros and cons of each shop and how they do there tuning. Yes i have ben on each of there sites but neather site gives or seems to give full detail of tuning. So thanks to the people with there opinion and again i just want to best for my car and 1 of these to tuners to make it happen. P.S. not trying to make a problem just a friendly poll .
Old Apr 18, 2005, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your best bet is to search. There is already an overabundance of information on these subjects. Read what people have already written and form your own opinions. I have very strong opinions of the tuners that are active on these forums, but it's better if you form your own opinions.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

i have done that and all i see is each shop bad mouthing each other. also iv asked around and still each person had there own thoughts. i got alot of parts for my car but want the right shop to install and tune the car for me but cant seem to be set on 1 shop. im in n.j. and dont mind the drive to eather shop because if it will be done right safe and reliable thats all that maters to me. but cant seem to find and info on eather shop. thanks for to post.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Deifinitely TT, i saw them tune cars here in Orlando and the cars were pretty sick after they tuned them!!! Turbo Trix
Old Apr 18, 2005, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

lets keep this friendly

i went with Dynoflash for a mail-in flash.....i had a problem with my car not making the HP it should have... long story short AL had me come up to Proven (no charge) to find what was wrong.........mail in flash was perfect, but my Defi BF boost gauge was reading about 4psi high so i was only running 16psi......Al turned the boost up to where it should be and i left with 303whp and 308tq....Al went out if his way to get my car running right and that is why he will be doing all the tuning on my car.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

thats what i like to here. A friendly opinion. thank you bouth for being adults. hope the rest will be also. thanks guys.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 07:47 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Just do a search. This exact topic has been covered to death. Mods, please just lock this before it turns ugly (and it always does...).
Old Apr 18, 2005, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
thats what i like to here. A friendly opinion. thank you bouth for being adults. hope the rest will be also. thanks guys.
well when some hawaii evo drivers sent their ecus to al for a dynoflash , around 50 percent were happy with the flash. havent heard of anybody getting a turbotrix flash , but it would be interesting to see how well they could do.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

i am going to have al custom tune my evo next week hopefully, im waiting for my cams. i went w/ dynoflash because its about 50$ cheaper for custom tune and from what everbody is saying the same results. its a matter of everyones opinion or preference, whether someone had a good or bad experience w/ one or the other, both places are going to give you what you pay for.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 12:21 AM
Evolving Member

both are good, i have gone with TT and they did a decent job
Old Apr 19, 2005, 12:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO8LTW
Just do a search. Mods, please just lock this before it turns ugly (and it always does...).
thats what makes these forums interesting
Old Apr 19, 2005, 01:17 AM
Evolving Member

I haven't heard not one bad review from TT. Go w/them and u wont regret it.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Hear say or biased polls are very unreliable at best. Why not call each of them and ask them what they can do for you? Many (but not all) of the members on this site offer up more arm waving, ranting and raving than substative and critical evaluations with verifiable supporting data. On the other hand, if you discuss your needs and expectations directly with the tunners you can gain a more realistic sense for the kind of person you will be trusting to tweak your car. My converstations with two of the tunners here in CA certainly simplified my choice.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 08:41 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by WildRice
Hear say or biased polls are very unreliable at best. Why not call each of them and ask them what they can do for you? Many (but not all) of the members on this site offer up more arm waving, ranting and raving than substative and critical evaluations with verifiable supporting data. On the other hand, if you discuss your needs and expectations directly with the tunners you can gain a more realistic sense for the kind of person you will be trusting to tweak your car. My converstations with two of the tunners here in CA certainly simplified my choice.
I agree that hear say and conjecture are not rational basis upon which to make an inteligent decision.

This is why I have carefully posted 31 so called "case study" tunes which set foprth in great detail my tuning methods, concepts and results. Go to the Dyno Flash section and review them with a search function and you can get some insight into what goes into making a custom tuned Dyno Flash.\

Also - I point out that my customers have the fastest reflashed 1/4 mile times out of any major tuner with 10 customers into the 11's on a reflash.

The reliability record of my flash is also superior with over 1600 units sold and zero reported engine failures related to tuning.

Finally, I am the most experienced reflash tuner with experience custom tuning evos all over the united states in just about every combination of tune from drag cars to Auto Cross to SCCA Nation compeition in T2 class - we have done them all.

Thanks for your interest. Call me anytime if you have further questions.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

i have called each shop. it was a while ago. but no afence tt and dynoflash you seem to want to get off the phone as if u may think im just some kid that wont do nothing to my car nore call back. witch i understand that. also when i call bouth shops seem rushy to say anything and then seems like you want off the phone. i understand u guys got alot to do but i think your 1st impression makes it or brakes it. im shore your bouth great and i want to be loyal to 1 of you. and no im geting what i want and expect. i have got parts from bouth shops and need more and would rather have 1 number then 2 or 3. plus the satisfation i no when you work on it it is in good hands. so anyways the reason im on here asking everyones opinion is cause my calls ?s and time it takes never got thru. i took it as they must be bizy. so im here doing my search and seeing how every1 made out. p.s. not trying to make a problem between shops and friends. just a friendly opinion. thanks all and thank you al for your reply. it meens alot. sorry if i upset any1 just understand my point. thanks all

Quick Reply: turbotrix or dynoflash?????