Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Buschur Stage upgrades.

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2005, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buschur Stage upgrades.

I was wondering what you guys think about Buschurs Stage upgrades, I hear the name a lot and the numbers seem legit compared to other claimed HP gains that never come true. Stage 0 was priced at $995.00 and included BR Air Filter Kits, BR 2.5' DP, BR Boost Guage, BR MBC, Flash with SAFC-II avail. They made 287.6 whp and 294.5 Lb Ft with 94 Octane on 20 PSI. It included an Axle back exhaust, axle back? hmm I think that'd be a waste instead of a TB to swap it out. Stage 1 was $1310.00 and Stage 2 was $750... this pricing makes me seem like you need to have S0 to get to S1 and S1 to get to S2. The only thing I wonder is if it is bad or less efficient to have ALL one manufacturers aftermarket parts or is it better to mix it up with the better of everything? I like it because it seems simple and to the point. I would also be going with some HKS 272's and a Walbro 255lhp Fuel pump... They recorded a 12.94 @ 108mph with Stage 1 and a 12.4 with S2... I wonder being 315whp with Stage 1 and 320whp with Stage 2 how would a full Turbo back improve it over the axle back of S1 and the Catback of S2 with HKS cams?
Old May 15, 2005, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Well lets take a ride and ill let you see for yourself... A buddy of mine who lives across the street has a stock 04 and he'll tell you what mines like.. His fiance is from maine and there up there right now..
Old May 15, 2005, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Do you even have and Evo? or 4G63 for that matter?
Old May 15, 2005, 08:28 AM
Evolving Member

Stage zereo, is ideal if you are worried about your warranty, but otherwise should be skipped if thinking of cams. Stage 1 includes the tbe, and after that the stages and prices are sequental, although you can buy multiple stages at the same time. If you don't have a car yet(tbd), I would strongly consider the BR350. A car the comes with all the mods similar to a stage 1-2, but from Medina Mitsubishi dealership with a warranty.
Old May 15, 2005, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Keeps the warrenty due to the fact that its still the stock cat. its not a full 3" tbe.. its a 2.5 dp, stock cat, and 3" cat back... rather good for the money. I think the 350 is what 2K more or something like that over base price for 350 Crank HP!
Old May 15, 2005, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

No EVO yet, I am doing myself some homework and preparation so I know the car well, as if I owned one but before I do. I need to put myself in a better position in order to make it happen, this time next spring I will have my V/// but in the mean time I am mapping out mods, taking suggestions and figuring everything out, waste no time. I am not worried about the warrantee because chances are I will not have one, I am going to buy a well taken care of unmolested. I was just looking for some input on the BR Stage kits and if I should go with that or piece it all together... I like the BR kits though, makes things a bit easier. I wonder what a catless tbe sounds like on this car, a friend of mine has a catless SRT-4 and it sounds mean but somewhat annoying from the interior for daily driving, forget the radio.
Old May 15, 2005, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOboostVIII
No EVO yet, I am doing myself some homework and preparation so I know the car well, as if I owned one but before I do. I need to put myself in a better position in order to make it happen, this time next spring I will have my V/// but in the mean time I am mapping out mods, taking suggestions and figuring everything out, waste no time. I am not worried about the warrantee because chances are I will not have one, I am going to buy a well taken care of unmolested. I was just looking for some input on the BR Stage kits and if I should go with that or piece it all together... I like the BR kits though, makes things a bit easier. I wonder what a catless tbe sounds like on this car, a friend of mine has a catless SRT-4 and it sounds mean but somewhat annoying from the interior for daily driving, forget the radio.
You're just being impatient, because you aren't even going to have the car for another year, and by then, things will have changed, and there will be more parts/packages to choose from. There's really no need to worry about all this now...
Old May 15, 2005, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

Buschur part are top of the line. If you get all parts the same, it will most likely give you superior perfermance, because the parts were designed to work together (like how a mac outperforms a pc). I have their catless exhaust with the magnaflow muffler and it sounds great. I do have an aftermarket stereo so that I can always hear it. The car stock is loud at highway speeds from less noise insulation to save weight. I don't think the exhaust effected the interior noise that much. I also have bigger cams, that gives it a nice growl and roar type of effect. Overall I love it, although my wife came to my office the other day, and my girls were supprissed and said to her "you have a normal car, I thought that you would drive a racecar too."
Old May 15, 2005, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
If I got a new evo I would probably do the Buschur Stage 4, Then I'll be ready for a new turbo and alky kit and thats what I would do. Oh yeah and a dynoflash!

Last edited by Evo11V; May 15, 2005 at 01:13 PM.
Old May 15, 2005, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo11V
If I got a new evo I would probably do the Buschur Stage 4, Then I'll be ready for a new turbo and alky kit and thats what I would do.
I know exactlly how you feel
Old May 15, 2005, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Buschur's good. I ran a 12.8 @ 107 with stage 1. I'm "stage 4" now sort of, but with all different branded parts, because I got most of them used from other Members. The really important thing is the tuning...
Old May 15, 2005, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Buschur+Alkykit+AL= One fast evo
Old May 15, 2005, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Curt Brown took one of Daves evo's on the stock turbo to a 10.9@125... nice huh.. stage 4 with 280's
Old May 15, 2005, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

yeah thats what I'm talking about!
Old May 15, 2005, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 03BREvo8
Curt Brown took one of Daves evo's on the stock turbo to a 10.9@125... nice huh.. stage 4 with 280's

The car certainly is NOT one of Buschur's. It's Curt's personal car. I believe it has 1 or 2 at the most Buschur parts on it.

Quick Reply: Buschur Stage upgrades.