Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Service Question

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2005, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Service Question

So, my car is reaching 10000 miles, so its about time for me to take it in for the 10k mi service. The problem, however, is that my dealership is a bunch of ******, and there aren't many mitsu dealerships around me. So i was going to call the dealership, give them a list of my mods, and ask them if they'd still honor the warranty for the service. If not, i'd get everything done elsewhere. So, my question is: What do they do on the 10k mi service? Would it be something i can take elsewhere to do? Thanks a lot!
Old May 28, 2005, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you should have a little service book in with the owners manual that will spell it out. IIRC. 10k on the regular schedule is just lube, oil, filters, tire rotation, brake inspection, and a fluid check. 15k is the big one that includes the fluid changes. If you have a car that has the factory maintenece included for 5 year 45k mi the dealer is required to honor it, they may note the modification in the service history and restrict the b-b warrenty in the event of future failures. YMMV,

Greg
Old May 28, 2005, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

alright, thanks.
Old May 28, 2005, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

they should cover your oil change and basic mods, considering your not coming in for warranty work. like something damaged. so it should be all good.
Old May 28, 2005, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Why even mod then if you want to keep your warranty? As GregK said 10K will just involve an oil change, oil filter change and tire rotation. Possibly airfilter change but you have a K&N cone (which in my opinion is a bad idea because it messes with you MAF signals). But if you drive you car hard or have mods you should be doing oil changes every 3K miles. According to the factory manual, major fluid changes (engine, tranny, diffs, TC and coolant) and spark plugs are done at the 30K mile mark but again if you drive hard they should be done at the 15K mile mark. Hope that helps ...
Old May 28, 2005, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
do the service yourself. or take it to a local garage and get it done. if you still want to call in, dont give them your name or vin
Old May 28, 2005, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DaWorstPlaya
Why even mod then if you want to keep your warranty? As GregK said 10K will just involve an oil change, oil filter change and tire rotation. Possibly airfilter change but you have a K&N cone (which in my opinion is a bad idea because it messes with you MAF signals). But if you drive you car hard or have mods you should be doing oil changes every 3K miles. According to the factory manual, major fluid changes (engine, tranny, diffs, TC and coolant) and spark plugs are done at the 30K mile mark but again if you drive hard they should be done at the 15K mile mark. Hope that helps ...
Yep. Just got the 30,000 mile service last Thursday at dealership. I have mods too. Gotta tell u what, its running smooth as butter. They said the car was perfect, and Ive done about 10 autocrosses and 30 qtr mile drag strip runs. Of course I've replace OEM clutch. Also it cost over $400, plus needed rear brake pads for $300. Not cheap to maintain.
Old May 28, 2005, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks a lot, i just wanted to know if it was something i could do on my own.