Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

the test drive...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2003, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I tested a WRX prior to my purchase.. The salesman was like, "go ahead, open it up"... I told him that he shouldn't have said that, cause we were soon at the limiter 130mph in no time.. He was, literally ****ting himself... He kept saying "ok ok ok ok"... It was fun.. Soon thereafter I bought my WRX... Maybe out of sympathy for scaring the **** out of him.. HAHAHAHA
Old Feb 19, 2003, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

I have no limit on my cards.
Old Feb 19, 2003, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

If you have $25, you can come test drive my Evo once it arrives... but Kelly gets to drive for free....since he's been a pal of mine since the ITR days.

SC~who's gotta pay off that loan somehow

Last edited by Secret Chimp; Feb 19, 2003 at 10:44 AM.
Old Feb 19, 2003, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

yeah most dealers will not let you test drive special production vehicles. I went to the Ferarri dealership one time and asked for a test drive, and they told me i needed a $10k deposit, the number of my bank account, and a major credit card...so there was no Ferrari drivin for me.
Old Feb 19, 2003, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Test Drive hmm?

Went to my local BMW dealer, and got to test drive a SMG M3. That bad boy sold me right there. I couldn't believe how cool that SMG was. So, I think if you go into a dealer with the right attitude you can drive most cars. This past weekend I drove a new FX45, very cool. If it had a standard, it would really rock, also drove a new G35 six speed. That is how that car should have come in the first place. And infinity also fixed the brakes. Much better than last year.

I will wait to drive an EVO, like the first M3s, good luck, but now M3s are on the lots. So will the EVO.

/<
Old Feb 19, 2003, 10:01 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Test drive will probably be impossible until the end of the year or when the hype dies down. I'm going to test drive my friends STi and see which I like better. Rumor on nasioc has it that the sti does 0-60 in 4.4 sec by road and track, word from a subarumodel? We'll see when the time comes so my advice is drive your friends evos
Old Feb 19, 2003, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

I test drove a WRX before the car was even here yet... I drove the demo, then ordered mine for the 1st shipment... Wierd... They seem to be doing it backwards...
Old Feb 19, 2003, 11:39 AM

Its easy to get a test drive for almost any car if you do it right. First, make the salesman feel like you areready to buy the car RIGHT NOW. I usually do this little routine: "I'm here to look at a ______. I'm deciding between this and (direct competitor), the numbers line up between the cars, so its down to which feels better now. I'm interested in taking a test drive to get a feel for the car." I've driven a WRX, a MR-S, and an S2000 this way, and my mitsu dealership is gonna give me a call when the next unsold car gets in. Oh, and for Texas folks looking to buy an evo, the Mitsu dealership in killeen is offering them for sticker
Old Feb 19, 2003, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by limey
I have been promised also that not even employees will be allowed to drive a car which has been earmarked for a customer...he said it will come off the truck...go to be cleaned and then I can come pick it up.....he said there will be some miles on it...which is pretty standard, but I trust him, ya know not all dealers are the devil!!!
Dot even let them wash it! My friend worked at a dealership and he told me how they wash cars there. They dont use shampoo or anything. They spray the car with water and use ONE rag and wipe down the whole car. If there is a particle anywhere on the car and it gets embedded in that rag, you'll have tiny micro scratches all over the car most likely in circular patterns. After they do that, then they use cotton towels. Some places use windexs to clean the wheels (!), and windows.

I recommend you tell them to take it off the truck for you and leave it there with all the protective film and plastic wheel coverings and the bags over the seats. If you've already bought it before it leaves the truck, they dont need to mes around with it. Who cares about having it already washed. I'm sure most of us will love to wash it when we get home. It gives us a chance to explore the car and the details.

Rob
Old Feb 19, 2003, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Very nicely put COOLGUY... I concur, great idea...
Old Feb 19, 2003, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

I guess noone reads the earlier posts as I already stated NOT to let the dealership wash your car. But hey it's all good.
Old Feb 19, 2003, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

There's nothing wrong with repeating it. I dont remember seeing that anyways. But hey, it's all good.
Old Feb 19, 2003, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

I'm just curious but why is windex bad for wheels
Old Feb 19, 2003, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

I dont know if it's bad but the point I was trying to make was how bad of a wash they give at a lot of dealerships. Instead of using the proper cleaners they use windex on wheels and a wet rag on the paint.

I guess at least you'll have streak free wheels!

Rob
Old Feb 19, 2003, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by BrianDaBox
I'm just curious but why is windex bad for wheels

Well, would you windex the paint on the hood of your car? No! The wheels on your car are painted surfaces also...even if they are just painted with a clear coat.

Windex is not the right cleaner for the job. For one thing, if your wheels are waxed, Windex will strip that wax right off.

SC~who says windex is for the windows in your house only!

Quick Reply: the test drive...