Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Invidia Exhaust Rocks

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2005, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you think its quiet and you want to keep it that way, don't get a full invidia turboback. it's loud, but it sounds sweet.
Old Aug 27, 2005, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Hotshot940
if you think its quiet and you want to keep it that way, don't get a full invidia turboback. it's loud, but it sounds sweet.
Would it be loud if I keep the stock Cat and only get the Invidia Downpipe?
Old Aug 27, 2005, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nj1266
Would it be loud if I keep the stock Cat and only get the Invidia Downpipe?
If you're deciding between a downpipe or cat-back setup, I think you'll get much better gains with the CB. Not sure on the difference in noise though.
Old Aug 27, 2005, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice exhuast. kinda random but is there any hangers for the muffler itself or does the muffler hang with no support ?
Old Aug 28, 2005, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are hangers just before the muffler...plenty to hold it up.

I have the same system(full, with no cat) and i love the sound. Not too loud, and def no resonation in the car on the hwy. I remember when mine looked that purty too....LOL.

I have a sound clip, which i THINK might still be on the gsc website. www.gscmotorsports.com
Old Aug 28, 2005, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

thats one awsome exhaust...i was thinking of buying the same exhaust has your before but now i know its quite,lighter than stock exhaust and gain alot horsepower its time to save up some $$$.
Old Aug 28, 2005, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gsujeff55
There are hangers just before the muffler...plenty to hold it up.

I have the same system(full, with no cat) and i love the sound. Not too loud, and def no resonation in the car on the hwy. I remember when mine looked that purty too....LOL.

I have a sound clip, which i THINK might still be on the gsc website. www.gscmotorsports.com
I think I got the info on this exhaust from your post When I saw the picture of the exhaust extending beyond the bumper, I was sold The resonator made it even better. The newer Invidia have the exhaust name engraved on the tip rather than stickered as was the case with your exhaust.

I did not get the Invidia DP yet since I am do not know if it fits on a 2005 EVO. I know that the Espelir 3 in dp fits and I am thinking of getting that one.

Does the Invidia DP use the stock donut and spring loaded bolts?
Old Aug 28, 2005, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mpevo8
nice exhuast. kinda random but is there any hangers for the muffler itself or does the muffler hang with no support ?
The exhaust uses the stock hanger that is closest to the bumper and another hanger that is closer to the gas tank. There is one hanger for the stock exhaust that is not used.
Old Aug 28, 2005, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

I was looking at the website...is yours the N1 or the G200?
Old Aug 28, 2005, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dridge11
I was looking at the website...is yours the N1 or the G200?
I have the N1
Old Aug 28, 2005, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

and from the pics, it looks like it comes straight out, not at an angle, correct?

did it line up just right with the bumper cutout or did it take some work to get it there?
Old Aug 28, 2005, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

and from the pics, it looks like it comes straight out, not at an angle, correct?

did it line up just right with the bumper cutout or did it take some work to get it there?
The exhaust comes straight out and NOT at an angle like the JDM style exhausts. Personally, I do not like angled exhausts since they lower ground clearance. It gets worse when you drop the car height.

The exhaust lined up perfectly with the first try. I installed it by myslef with no other person helping me. I did not even use a lift, just jack stands. It was a very easy and simple install. The fitment was just about perfect.
Old Aug 28, 2005, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Sounds great! While I do like the angled look sometimes, I prefer the straight out on the EVO. I was kinda thinking about the Rhys Millen exhaust, but this may be the route I go instead.

Thanks for the info. I just passed the 100 mile mark on my EVO, so I'll wait another month or two.
Old Aug 28, 2005, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

nice. i got the invidia titanium tip exhaust, G200 i believe. i love mine too.
Old Aug 28, 2005, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Sounds great! While I do like the angled look sometimes, I prefer the straight out on the EVO. I was kinda thinking about the Rhys Millen exhaust, but this may be the route I go instead.

Thanks for the info. I just passed the 100 mile mark on my EVO, so I'll wait another month or two.
I looked into the RMR, but the price was too much. I was not willing to pay more than $400 for an exhaust. Exhausts should not be that expensive. They are just pieces of mandrel bent pipes with a muffler.

I had a custom exhaust made back in 1998 for my SE-R (now my race car). It was madrel bent with a dyno max 20 inch pancake muffler and a resonator. That thing was really quiet. I drove the car daily and I raced door to door with the exhaust on. I then removed the exhaust for a simple pipe that dumps below the driver. I installed the exhaust on my 1999 SE-L and it I drove it for two more years. The exhaust is still on the car and the car is daily driven by my brother. This exhaust has lasted for SEVEN years. I wonder how many of these high priced exhausts can claim that.

Quick Reply: Invidia Exhaust Rocks