Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mits body build quality

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2005, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mits body build quality

I've had my 03 (bought used) for a little over a week now, and just recently had time to go through it in detail. I noticed the space between the rear quarter and trunk sides are not uniform. The passenger side has a larger gap, and then the gap tapers off as it goes towards the back window. Is this common? Or should I suspect something worse? I did buy the car used. ...but everything else is clean... underchassis, suspension, etc. no sign of damage to the body whatsoever. Also had some people use a "paint meter" on the cars paint, and they said the car's paint was all original. Any thoughts?
Old Sep 13, 2005, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm surprised you didn't "go through it in detail" before you bought it. I hope there's no frame damage.
Old Sep 13, 2005, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

All my seams are relatively even... it may be that your trunk is slightly skewed to one side perhaps due to some lateral force placed upon it while it was open (say, someone leaning on it?).

Just a thought...
Old Sep 13, 2005, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

everything is so perfect fit on my car.(better than mercedes quality fit) I was surprised at the quality of this car when I bought it . I was expecting worse from Mitsu.
May be the previous owner had carbon fiber trunk. Then, put it back original when he sold? you should try align urself

Last edited by taenaive; Sep 13, 2005 at 05:00 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2005, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought my car used as well and there was nothing that looked like it was uneven on mine. I am very particular too, i had them repaint my entire car because of a couple stone chips...
Old Sep 13, 2005, 06:02 PM
Evolving Member

accident?