Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Brought one home -- Silver EVO VIII photos inside...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2003, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Brought one home -- Silver EVO VIII photos inside...

Unfortunately the car isn't mine, but belongs to a close friend. We picked it up Friday night from Browning Mitsubishi in Cerritos, CA which is about 70 miles from where we live. He had arranged to buy the car from them back in January following the introduction at the LA Auto Show. He paid MSRP with no added crap, got the wing but not the sunroof, they didn't put the front plate put on, and ended he up very happy with the treatment they gave him.

I won't include all the details that I did when I posted this on some other forums because most of you are already quite familiar with the car, but I will say this thing is a beast already and he's still basically putting it around till the break-in period is up. The steering, throttle response and seats are simply excellent. The styling is a bit boy-racer, but it fits the car well. The only real complaint I had after driving is that the rear wing kind of bisects the view out the back which will make spotting police cars a bit difficult.

Anyway - I promised photos, so here are some samples. There's a link at the bottom that will take you to an album with almost 80 Hi-Res pics - almost all are uploaded at 1024x768. Enjoy the photos - some might make for decent desktop wallpapers for those who might still be on the fence or waiting for their own car to arrive.

To see the rest of the album, follow this link:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290562697

>8^)
ER

Last edited by Peloton25; Mar 9, 2003 at 03:41 PM.
Old Mar 9, 2003, 03:43 PM
RaX
Evolved Member

Damn! Very nice pictures in your album.
Old Mar 9, 2003, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

Some of the nicest pics I've seen taken so far. Silver going to be my colour of choice.
Old Mar 9, 2003, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

Excellent pictures, excellent photgraphy.

Thats the car...I'm ordering it tomorrow morning and should have it in about 3 months.
Old Mar 9, 2003, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Nice camera work...lovin' that ****.
Old Mar 9, 2003, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Silver is definitely the most common color. It is also my favorite on the Evo. Nice pics.
Old Mar 9, 2003, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

great picts bro
Old Mar 9, 2003, 04:10 PM

Wow, not bad! Really wish they had left the "VIII" on the US car, but I guess that wouldn't make much sense here, hehe. I wouldn't mind a ride in one of those things one of these days.
Old Mar 9, 2003, 04:11 PM
Evolving Member

Great pix. Great photography as well.

What kind of camera do you have?
Old Mar 9, 2003, 04:24 PM

Thanks everyone for the great compliments. I figured there might be a few here that would enjoy them more than the other sites I have shared them on.

I shoot with a Sony DSC-F707 - it's last year's 5 MegaPixel camera and they've since upgraded it to the F717. It's a great camera for what I use it for - and the price was about half that of any decent digital SLR. The only problem with the Sony is that Memory Sticks are more expensive than any other camera storage media. I'll probably step up do a digi-SLR in the next year or so. I still have a lot to learn about taking pics before I spend that kind of money.

>8^)
ER
Old Mar 9, 2003, 09:58 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally posted by Peloton25
Thanks everyone for the great compliments. I figured there might be a few here that would enjoy them more than the other sites I have shared them on.

I shoot with a Sony DSC-F707 - it's last year's 5 MegaPixel camera and they've since upgraded it to the F717. It's a great camera for what I use it for - and the price was about half that of any decent digital SLR. The only problem with the Sony is that Memory Sticks are more expensive than any other camera storage media. I'll probably step up do a digi-SLR in the next year or so. I still have a lot to learn about taking pics before I spend that kind of money.

>8^)
ER

I'm a semi-professional photographer, I use the Canon D-30 Digital SLR.. Amazing camera, I do plan on doing a complete photo layout for my car (Black A00 Evo) but I'd actually like to get a few EVO's together (one of each color) and do a full layout and a poster, if anyone is from Long Island, or willing to come out here when the weather gets nicer, let me know..
Old Mar 9, 2003, 11:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by MalibuJack

I'm a semi-professional photographer, I use the Canon D-30 Digital SLR.. Amazing camera, I do plan on doing a complete photo layout for my car (Black A00 Evo) but I'd actually like to get a few EVO's together (one of each color) and do a full layout and a poster, if anyone is from Long Island, or willing to come out here when the weather gets nicer, let me know..

I'm in for the picture, I live in Brooklyn but have no problems getting to LI for a family picture.
Old Mar 9, 2003, 11:39 PM

this place needs to add a bowdown smilie, but then i would use it in every post that has to do with an evo so

but it is indeed a beautiful car and thanks for the background material
Old Mar 10, 2003, 12:59 PM

Originally posted by MalibuJack
I'm a semi-professional photographer, I use the Canon D-30 Digital SLR.. Amazing camera, I do plan on doing a complete photo layout for my car (Black A00 Evo)...
That's a great camera - I'd love to have one. I don't do any print work at the moment so it's really kind of overkill for me. I'd like to get in to that though.

I'll be interested to see the photos you get of your black car. I've always found them very hard to take photos of with any great success. Controlling the light is crucial and eliminating distracting reflection off a black car can also be a PITA.

I bet the car looks evil in black though.

>8^)
ER
Old Mar 10, 2003, 10:22 PM

Great pics, make for some excellent desktop backgrounds! Thanks

Quick Reply: Brought one home -- Silver EVO VIII photos inside...