Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

paypal

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2005, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paypal

I just bought a clutch from someone on the fourm, and it was my first time using paypal and i wanted to know what would happend if he doesnt send me the goods and would not reply to my e-mails or anything could i get my money back?
Old Oct 20, 2005, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

yes, you can file a compaint with paypal and they can reverse the charge and refund your money. however, paypal is not known for their efficiency so the process is long and unpleasent. just hope that everything goes smooth and you will be fine.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

thanks
Old Oct 21, 2005, 12:09 AM

I believe that you MUST have a Confirmed address in order to file a claim.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 04:58 AM

You have limited time to file a claim. All claims must be filed within 45 calendar days of payment. The seller will then be notified and will have 10 days to respond. If the seller makes no attempt to resolve the issue, Paypal will reverse the transaction. If you pay for something online, Paypal is the way to go. It saved me twice from fraudulent sellers.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 05:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I tried to file a complaint but I got a email from paypal saying that item wasnt purchased through ebay and was a private transaction. They couldnt do anything and told me to just negotiate with the seller..
Old Oct 21, 2005, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

If the send you a empty box paypal is not goin to do anything for you.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

if you used a CC in PAYPAL....call your CC company instead...Most CC companies don't tolerate fraud and they will refund you the money back asap...
Old Oct 21, 2005, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Derek888
I tried to file a complaint but I got a email from paypal saying that item wasnt purchased through ebay and was a private transaction. They couldnt do anything and told me to just negotiate with the seller..
I had a similar experience as well. Paypal didn't reimburse me the money I lost in the transaction, but only put a block on the seller's Paypal account so if they used it, the money could then be reimbursed. Paypal said I should have used Ebay where it would have been covered. From now on, if I make a private purchase via Paypal that individual will get a partial payment until I get a tracking number, etc.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 8thWonder
I had a similar experience as well. Paypal didn't reimburse me the money I lost in the transaction, but only put a block on the seller's Paypal account so if they used it, the money could then be reimbursed. Paypal said I should have used Ebay where it would have been covered. From now on, if I make a private purchase via Paypal that individual will get a partial payment until I get a tracking number, etc.

Ya but some people wont be willing to ship anything with a partial payment... Just like you're affraid of getting screwed by the seller, you could decide not to make the rest of the payment and screw the seller. At least that's how i'd feel about it. In my experience, it's best to make a few calls back and forth with the seller. Get his work number, address, any info you can. Maybe a relatives number too? A person is less likely to screw you if they know you have alot of info on them. Plus, even if they do bend you over and "forget" to ship you what you paid for, pay pal will put a hold on their account if nothing else. Then they'll never be able to use it again until resolved. Of course there are ways around it and if someone REALLY wants your money, they'll take it and not give a damn.

Just be smart about this sorta stuff. If you buy off this forum, do a search for the type of posts he's made, how long he's been here, if anyone knows him?? Use your head when shipping someone you don't know some money.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 07:44 AM
JTB
Evolved Member

Escrow is always an option if it is a high dollar item.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 12:35 PM

Wow I must be lucky! Both of my transactions were not on ebay and I still got my money back. One was for $400 and the other for $700. The gay thing about it though was that they keep the sellers fee so you don't always get 100% of your money back.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

Why not contact paypal directly? That's the only was for a certain answer.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Even when you go through Ebay paypal doesnt give good protection. Paypal buyer protection only gives you a partial refund when it works and they make it a very difficult process. If you used your credit card through paypal you would have better protection through the credit card company.
Old Oct 22, 2005, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

The only time i have ever seen pay pal cover anything is through ebay. Otherwise i dont believe pay pal will really cover anything. Proctection really isnt there on pay pal.