Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

AVO Exhaust Arrived Today...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2005, 07:56 PM
Pd1
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AVO Exhaust Arrived Today...

Well, it's finally here. I've been waiting on this cat-back setup for a long time, but the wait is now over.

I did a great deal of research into which exhaust I should get, and I ended up choosing the AVO. Why? Well, I wanted it to be full 3" all the way through with zero neck-downs anywhere -- even inside the resonator. At the same time, I wanted it to be as quiet as possible. AVO has achieved this by using a muffler that's about the same size as the stocker. However, as you will see in the pictures, it's nowhere near as restrictive as the stock muffler. I can see straight through it!

You can see for yourself, but the welds seem to be solid and the bends look perfect. All that's left now is the install. I have a turbo kit on its way here that should arrive sometime next week, but I'm tempted to install the cat-back with my 3" resonated test pipe to see how it feels with the stock turbo... we'll see. Yes, the turbo kit is coming with a full 3" downpipe. More on the turbo kit later. I'll post pics and give details on it once it arrives.

As for this exhaust system, I never found really good pictures of it anywhere, so hopefully this will help someone with their decision. Let me know what you guys think.

Attached Thumbnails AVO Exhaust Arrived Today...-avo_db_rating.jpg   AVO Exhaust Arrived Today...-dsc00707.jpg   AVO Exhaust Arrived Today...-dsc00708.jpg   AVO Exhaust Arrived Today...-dsc00709.jpg   AVO Exhaust Arrived Today...-dsc00710.jpg  

Last edited by Pd1; Jun 22, 2007 at 03:08 PM.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 07:58 PM
Pd1
Evolved Member

More pics...
Attached Thumbnails AVO Exhaust Arrived Today...-dsc00711.jpg   AVO Exhaust Arrived Today...-dsc00712.jpg   AVO Exhaust Arrived Today...-dsc00713.jpg   AVO Exhaust Arrived Today...-dsc00714.jpg   AVO Exhaust Arrived Today...-dsc00715.jpg  

Old Nov 3, 2005, 07:59 PM
Pd1
Evolved Member

Last couple of pics..
Attached Thumbnails AVO Exhaust Arrived Today...-dsc00716.jpg   AVO Exhaust Arrived Today...-dsc00717.jpg  
Old Nov 3, 2005, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Lol, i was the one who asked AVO to create that exhaust certificate cuz i got an exhaust ticket here in SoCal. I sent them a copy of RNR's exhaust certificate and they basically retyped it word for word on AVO letterhead :P I love this exhaust!
Old Nov 3, 2005, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

Looks great! That is the version 2 exhaust right? no more neckdowns like the first one; and will probably remain as one of the quieter catbacks available for the evo. Good stuff. I just got the AVO version 2 intercooler; the thing is incredible. Thumbs up for AVO and all the good stuff they are coming out; Ross (from avo japan) is here for Sema and he said he might bring by the evo turbo kit to my workplace.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 08:08 PM
Pd1
Evolved Member

Ha! Too funny. Well, at least we have a certificate to prove how loud it actually is. This, to me, is much much better than saying, "it's pretty darn quiet...really."
Old Nov 3, 2005, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Can you take a picture of the inside of the resonator, like you did for the muffler?

Also, please be sure to report on the loudness?
Old Nov 3, 2005, 08:09 PM

i might have missed it but how much did it cost with shipping?
Old Nov 3, 2005, 08:11 PM
Pd1
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bonestockevo8
Looks great! That is the version 2 exhaust right? no more neckdowns like the first one; and will probably remain as one of the quieter catbacks available for the evo. Good stuff. I just got the AVO version 2 intercooler; the thing is incredible. Thumbs up for AVO and all the good stuff they are coming out; Ross (from avo japan) is here for Sema and he said he might bring by the evo turbo kit to my workplace.
Thanks. Yep, this is the version 2 setup. Absolutely no neck-downs anywhere at all.

I hope you get to see the turbo kit...guess what brand of kit I'm getting next week! Let's just say it should be very compatible with this exhaust.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

My AVO catback tested at 94.25DB @ 4750 RPM by the Cali Referee station. I know some people got 93DB's, so i think that meter he used read a bit high.

Last edited by skiracer; Nov 3, 2005 at 08:21 PM.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 08:14 PM
Pd1
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mhgsx
Can you take a picture of the inside of the resonator, like you did for the muffler?

Also, please be sure to report on the loudness?

Take a look at the 4th picture in the first post. That's inside the resonator. If you look closely, you can see the holes inside the pipe. Again, 3" all the way through.

As for the loudness, I'll be sure to report back here just how loud it sounds...maybe even a sound clip or something....with the resonated test pipe and larger turbo kit.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Can you elaborate a bit regarding this testing? Was that at idle or at 3000 rpm in neutral?
Old Nov 3, 2005, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pd1
Take a look at the 4th picture in the first post. That's inside the resonator. If you look closely, you can see the holes inside the pipe. Again, 3" all the way through.

As for the loudness, I'll be sure to report back here just how loud it sounds...maybe even a sound clip or something....with the resonated test pipe and larger turbo kit.
That's what I thought, but couldn't see the bulging of the sides of the resonator.

Thanks,
Old Nov 3, 2005, 08:21 PM
Pd1
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mhgsx
Can you elaborate a bit regarding this testing? Was that at idle or at 3000 rpm in neutral?

AVO did the testing, not me...so all I know is what is included in that document. Sorry I don't know any more than that. Perhaps a message to AVO would provide you with more details...? It looks like they did the test at 4800+rpm at idle to me.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

AVO just copy & pasted :P

Quick Reply: AVO Exhaust Arrived Today...