Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo IX: Sun Sound Leather PKG vs Standard

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2005, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Evo IX: Sun Sound Leather PKG vs Standard

I just wanted to know what opinion you guys had on the Leather Seats and HID Lighting. For the seats, how do they feel vs the standard? and for the HIDs, on the it says "HID headlights with in-cluster fog lights". Does this mean the fog lights are not included standard, and if they aren't, are they available after market with an HID kit?
Thanks
Old Nov 8, 2005, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lancer 4 Me
I just wanted to know what opinion you guys had on the Leather Seats and HID Lighting. For the seats, how do they feel vs the standard? and for the HIDs, on the it says "HID headlights with in-cluster fog lights". Does this mean the fog lights are not included standard, and if they aren't, are they available after market with an HID kit?
Thanks
Well, I have an evo 8, but the 8 and 9 SSL package is identical, even the seats. So, here is my take on it. I think that the HID's are a must, it is truly the difference between night and day. The sound, I don't really know because I have never heard the stock sound, however, I think it is superb. Last, I think that the seats feel the same as the regular seats, it just that they are leather. To be honest, I like the evo 9 standard seats better.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 04:20 PM

thanks for your input.. well so far i've got the dealer down to about $32,500 for standard and $35,700 with SSL OTD i'm not sure if i can get it any lower. do you guys think i'm getting a good deal or an average deal

Last edited by Lancer 4 Me; Nov 9, 2005 at 04:28 PM.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

I would recommend the ssl. I had an 04 without leather but they came with hid's back then. Just got my evo 9 with ssl. The leather is sooo much nicer imo. The sound system is pretty good, comes with a 10" woofer in the rear and you get a sunroof. You should be able to talk them down more, if not go to a different dealer. Sticker on my 06 grey evo9 with ssl was 35,800. I got them down to 33,500.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 04:27 PM

sorry i forgot to mention that these we're approximate OTD prices
Old Nov 9, 2005, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

so that is with tax? if so that is about the same i paid for mine.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks
on the 9's the ssl package is
hid's
sunroof
and ****ty sounding cheezy 8" woofer nothing worth having if you plan to change the ****ty deck

the seats are the same no matter what level 9 you get
Old Nov 9, 2005, 04:33 PM
Evolving Member

S unroof
S ound
L eather

they dont all come with leather, they had regular ones at the dealer without leather. Just a black recaro seat, no more blue.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 04:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by an0ther
S unroof
S ound
L eather

they dont all come with leather, they had regular ones at the dealer without leather. Just a black recaro seat, no more blue.
huhh..
the gsr i saw had the same seats the MR had!!
with no
s
s
l
Old Nov 9, 2005, 04:59 PM

Yeah, i also think the regular 9 seats are awesome. They actually match the rest of the interior. I would try to get a 9 w/ just the sunroof. You don't need leather and you don't need the cheesy 10" sub.

The sub actually makes it impossible to put in a rear strut bar. See how much for them to just an a sunroof. Only draw back is the sunroof (from what i heard) weighs like 200 lbs. It sounds crazy but that's what i heard on this forum. Adding weight to evo is not good if you want performance.

But man do i miss a sunroof!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 9, 2005, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Cali2MDevo8
Yeah, i also think the regular 9 seats are awesome. They actually match the rest of the interior. I would try to get a 9 w/ just the sunroof. You don't need leather and you don't need the cheesy 10" sub.

The sub actually makes it impossible to put in a rear strut bar. See how much for them to just an a sunroof. Only draw back is the sunroof (from what i heard) weighs like 200 lbs. It sounds crazy but that's what i heard on this forum. Adding weight to evo is not good if you want performance.

you can get an evo with just a sun roof? the sun roof is one of the big reasons i'm considering this package. also does the standard evo come with fog lights, because the :mistu: site has me a little confused on that.
thanks for the info guys
Old Nov 9, 2005, 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

If you just want the sunroof... then you can have it put in aftewards by a third party for a lot cheaper I think.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Cali2MDevo8

the sub is a 8" if its the same one they use for the 8
Old Nov 9, 2005, 06:18 PM

the interior of the 8 and 9 are the same with the ssl package.
(except for the carbon fiber strip across the dash)

correct me if i am wrong.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 09:41 PM

Thanks
I have leather seats on a 2005 EVO VIII and I love the look, smell and durability.

Quick Reply: Evo IX: Sun Sound Leather PKG vs Standard