Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Finally, After 3 Long Years Of Waiting

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2003, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally, After 3 Long Years Of Waiting

Well, I finally got my Evolution.... The car is amazing... In every aspect... From the tip of the nose to the end of the tailpipe... No need to write the specs or anything like that again cause everything they said about it before is true... I love it to the end and nothing compares to it.... Worth every penny... They first were asking $40,000 and I laughed in their face.. When they found out I was serious and showed 20 grand in front of their face, they worked with me.... And we worked, and we worked and worked and worked some more... Finally I got it for 1500 over... That's the best thing I could find anywhere around here... And they swore me to secrecy about the price, not... It is truely an amazing machine... I got the yellow cause it looks soo smooth... And I can tell you it breaks necks making people look at it... I've had a few follow me around just to look at it... It had 4 miles on it, I watched it from the second it came off the truck... Now I'm up to 65 miles... What a ride... They say it's too rough for daily driving, BAH I say... Well the roads down here are in good shape so it's not so bad.... EVERYTHING IS AWESOME....
Old Mar 19, 2003, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Still waiting here, though I finally got a VIN and a date of 25 Mar for it. Glad you talked them down, and even happier that I have mine at MSRP.

Went over to Orlando last night to look at one in person, and they had a $2995 "Rally Package" on it. Didn't like that, but the car itself was very impressive. Shorter than I expected, Brembos bigger than I expected, seats suck you down and lock you in tight, everything inside falls right where its supposed to, from steering wheel to shifter to pedals. Overall very excited and impatient to get mine on Tuesday.
Old Mar 19, 2003, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

You are gonna be very happy my friend, the car is soo nice I can't even start... I'm at work, and I cannot wait to get off to put more miles on the beast...
Old Mar 19, 2003, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

I'll second that .. I don't have my car yet, but got to play with an EVO ( no driving ) for a few hrs last night
Old Mar 19, 2003, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

congrats Jonasan50!

but I thought that you were goin' to wait it out?...i guess i'm going solo...

nonetheless...congratulations on a fine piece of machinery!

Old Mar 19, 2003, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

Hey Jonasan where did you get it from?
Old Mar 19, 2003, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Got it from Lehman... I really didn't expect to buy one, beleive me... I went there to originally make fun of them, but somehow I got involved in the wrestling match... After I made the mistake of test driving it, I was kinda hooked... Certainly beats the 40,000... When I was there, my wife says, go ahead get it for the 1500 over... So that just did it for me... I was the first EVO purchaser from there so if I got it down like that, they'll definately work with you... Go try...
Old Mar 19, 2003, 01:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was just at Coconut Creek ,I live right across the street. They now have 6 (3 yellow, 2 silver, 1 red). They want 6 grand over sticker along with some other stupid stuff like pedels and door sils.
I am having my Evo shipped from Oh. I cant wait!
Old Mar 19, 2003, 01:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Jonasan50
Got it from Lehman... I really didn't expect to buy one, beleive me... I went there to originally make fun of them, but somehow I got involved in the wrestling match... After I made the mistake of test driving it, I was kinda hooked... Certainly beats the 40,000... When I was there, my wife says, go ahead get it for the 1500 over... So that just did it for me... I was the first EVO purchaser from there so if I got it down like that, they'll definately work with you... Go try...
ahhhh!!...you're bringing me over to the darkside!

...my fiancé said, "you're looking at the Evolution site again?!!...what happened to the WRX site that you've been reading these past 2 years?!"...then she said (which totally caught me by surpise)..."just get it already so you can get off that damn computer and help me clean the house"...wow she really meant that too...

both of you are not making this any easier!

PS...pics!!!...I need pics!!!
Old Mar 19, 2003, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah man, it aint easy to just say no when you get the green light from the wife!!! It was without a doubt the best thing I could've done... I've been waiting and waiting, now it's a reality..
Old Mar 19, 2003, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

I don't have a scanner or a digital camera so the pics are out of the question... But it looks waayyy better in person anyways... The interior is a lot nicer than I thought it would be too!!
Old Mar 19, 2003, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

Where in Ft lauderdale are you? Maybe you can take me for a ride until i get mines.
Old Mar 19, 2003, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

I'm pretty sure that I'll be at the Tower Shops on Friday night... It's the bright yelloe EVO... I should be on the southwest side of the parking lot next to the Subaru's... That's where I've usually parked my WRX... C'mon over...
Old Mar 19, 2003, 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

Hopefully ill have mines by then. Ill be getting a yellow too. I dont really go to the tower shops that much anymore but ill go to show off the Evo. If I see you ill park by you. What time are you gonna be out there? I usually go saturdays but ill see you friday.
Old Mar 19, 2003, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

I go on saturdays sometimes too... But on Friday I'll probably be there around 7-7:30... See ya pal...

Quick Reply: Finally, After 3 Long Years Of Waiting