Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Funny how after we've driven the car, the whole AYC/ACD discussion died.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2003, 03:23 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Claudius

What do you mean?
I think he meant it has front LSD and center DCCD
Old Mar 26, 2003, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally posted by Claudius
Originally posted by MrAWD
Oh wait, STi has better drivetrain
What do you mean?
Center of the gravity is lower with the engine configuration that STi has, which gives you advantage on all kind of race tracks.

Usefulness of the DCCD-A is yet to be proven in the tests to come, and you know what I think about that!

Fedja
Old Mar 26, 2003, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Alfriedesq
I dont cae what they say - the laws of physics dont lie and they can't be bent - the EVO is a better stopping and handling car - period - - the suby is smoother and better suited for of road a a nier interior
I agree with you on the handling, and it might be that the WRX is better for longer trips, but I think the interior of my EVO is every bit as nice or nice than the WRX
Don't get me wrong, I still think the WRX is avery neat car (it was sad saying good bye to it), but the EVO truly rocks!
Old Mar 26, 2003, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
u know what sucks? im getting my evo in a few days and i just find out that the STi WILL handle better since it has 3 differentials, next to the 2 mitsu differentails. However, the evo steering ratio is 13 and the sti is 15, but i don't know if thats significant. at least the STi doesn't get the JDM interior or that would just **** me off even more.
Old Mar 26, 2003, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by MrAWD

Center of the gravity is lower with the engine configuration that STi has, which gives you advantage on all kind of race tracks.

Usefulness of the DCCD-A is yet to be proven in the tests to come, and you know what I think about that!

Fedja
Helloo? is the STi made that much differently from the WRX? I can tell you one thing for sure... Drive an EVO VII, then come back and talk about it If you've already driven the STi *and* the EVO VIII, I guess you know what you are talking about... otherwise forget it. Reading a bunch of crap statistics and specs in some magazine or reading the opnions of some car mag writer from some other country about a "similar" car is not a way to settle these kinds of questions.
My WRX felt positively top heavy compared to the EVO. Another guy here in Atlanta got an EVO and kept his WRX too (lucky dog!) anyway, he said "after driving the EVO, the WRX feels like an Accord". So much for the low C.G. eh?
Old Mar 26, 2003, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

The new STi is VERY different than the WRX so maybe YOU should be doing your research.
Old Mar 26, 2003, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by the evo wins
u know what sucks? im getting my evo in a few days and i just find out that the STi WILL handle better since it has 3 differentials, next to the 2 mitsu differentails. However, the evo steering ratio is 13 and the sti is 15, but i don't know if thats significant. at least the STi doesn't get the JDM interior or that would just **** me off even more.
Man, forget that crap! even if the STi turns out great, the EVO is really a way cool car. No doubt about it, you'll have one hell of a car! I do!!
Old Mar 26, 2003, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by silverEVO8

Man, forget that crap! even if the STi turns out great, the EVO is really a way cool car. No doubt about it, you'll have one hell of a car! I do!!
you know what, you're right. the evo looks 100 times better than the STi and draws much more attention and is going to be better in the long run because the 4G63 is way better than subaru's EJ25. i have faith in mitsu's rally experience when it comes to handling
Old Mar 26, 2003, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

you know what, you're right. the evo looks 100 times better than the STi and draws much more attention and is going to be better in the long run because the 4G63 is way better than subaru's EJ25. i have faith in mitsu's rally experience when it comes to handling

They both look about the same to me. Please explain how 4g63 is way better then EJ series in the long run?
Old Mar 26, 2003, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by djdaizzy

Please explain how 4g63 is way better then EJ series in the long run?
4g63 can handle more mods and is more stable
Old Mar 26, 2003, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

Helloo? is the STi made that much differently from the WRX?
Man, what are you talking about?? Smoked some good crack lately?
Old Mar 26, 2003, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by djdaizzy

Man, what are you talking about?? Smoked some good crack lately?
Dude, we are talking about C.G. here, you know.... sure the STi is very different from the WRX, but the center of gravity???, come on...... BTW, say no to crack
Old Mar 26, 2003, 04:11 PM
Evolving Member

4g63 can handle more mods and is more stable
\

I guess it depends on what you're looking for in a car. I think OVER ALL right out of the box, the US EVO can't compete with the US STi. But as far as modding goes, that's a whole new story. I wouldn't say 4g63 can handle more mods, I would say it has more products available for it so far, I would agree with that.

Last edited by djdaizzy; Mar 26, 2003 at 04:14 PM.
Old Mar 26, 2003, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

Dude, we are talking about C.G. here, you know.... sure the STi is very different from the WRX, but the center of gravity???, come on...... BTW, say no to crack
My bad, thought you meant the car it self.

Quick Reply: Funny how after we've driven the car, the whole AYC/ACD discussion died.