Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What's most HP w/ stock exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2006, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's most HP w/ stock exhaust?

Alright guys,

What is the most hp/tq you have seen from an 05 Evo w/ stock exhaust? I was basically asking because i'm stock and like the quiet exhaust note. Is 300/300 awhp/awtq a reality without a TBE, not to mention alky/meth?

Thanks in advance!!
Old Jan 15, 2006, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

i dont know the #'s but i went...well, check my signature.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 07:36 PM
Ike
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Cali2MDevo8
Alright guys,

What is the most hp/tq you have seen from an 05 Evo w/ stock exhaust? I was basically asking because i'm stock and like the quiet exhaust note. Is 300/300 awhp/awtq a reality without a TBE, not to mention alky/meth?

Thanks in advance!!
It's certainly possible but it would be a hell of a lot more difficult/expensive. Why would you want to do it?
Old Jan 15, 2006, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Ike
It's certainly possible but it would be a hell of a lot more difficult/expensive. Why would you want to do it?
My civic (2nd car) has an exhaust that is too loud. Trying to stay stock for the most part.

No one w/ a custom tune when they were stock, that got close to 300?
Old Jan 15, 2006, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

use the search......i pretty sure theres a thread or 2 w/ quiet evo exhausts that are good for some high hp #'s. (not like 600) but good enought for what your looking for (300-400)easy. tip: 3" downpipe, high flow cat, and a quiet cat back. i know you'll some. that combo w/ a tune should be good for 20-30 awhp. if you do like the ams intake or the turbo xs intake there a maf adapter and a k&n filter, which is fine. and you'll here the stock bov too. that, the exhaust and a tune is good for like 30-40, if you do a boost controller you'll probally see 50 easy.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 09:44 PM
Evolving Member

Fujitsubo RM-01A.That is one quiet exhaust. Even with my down pipe and High flow cat it is still real quiet. If you do not change the down pipe or cat it stays real quiet. I did not want a loud exhaust so that is why I bought this one. The police are passing out exhaust tickets like their life depended on it.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Ivan MR
Fujitsubo RM-01A.That is one quiet exhaust. Even with my down pipe and High flow cat it is still real quiet. If you do not change the down pipe or cat it stays real quiet. I did not want a loud exhaust so that is why I bought this one. The police are passing out exhaust tickets like their life depended on it.
I understand all about people saying the Fuji is quiet, but i need to see one to believe it. The DC sports full exhaust/head for my civic is loud and annoying.

Back to the TOPIC, anybody get 300 without TBE or cat back?
Old Jan 15, 2006, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

if you wonna keep stock piping then getta 2.5" high flow cat or test pipe and get buschur's axle back exhaust that bolts up to the stock midpipe, should be easier to reach 300whp with that with the exhaust still being quiet
Old Jan 16, 2006, 05:13 AM
Evolved Member

just put 3''turbo back without cats.....and put open intake.....that should do it
Old Jan 16, 2006, 05:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by yesevo
just put 3''turbo back without cats.....and put open intake.....that should do it
Uhhh, didn't he say he wanted to keep the stock exhaust?

I think we have a case of IADS (Internet Attention Deficit Syndrome). It's easy to get with all the off-topic posts.

Back on topic, which dyno do you want to tell you that you have 300 HP? Do you want 300 HP because the STi supposedly has that much? Do you just like round numbers?

My point is, if you don't have a performance goal in mind, be it a car that just feels faster, or that is faster than another car, or does the quarter in XX.XXX, your goal is both arbitrary and inaccurately measured (if you even go to the trouble to dyno it). Before you spend your money, think about what you really want. Dyno numbers are neat, but they are not a reasonable _goal_ IMHO.
Old Jan 16, 2006, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

This months Turbo Magazine has a 15 exhaust shootout for the Evo. Power, sound, weight, etc., it's pretty good. The Evo they do the testing on has a few mods as well.
Old Jan 16, 2006, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
LOL! ... this is good ...
BTW, back on topic you can't make 300WHP/300WTQ with the stock exhaust in place, unless you put the car on a dynojet and mess with its settings to read over inflated #s .... people have to do a lot to their cars to get 300WHP/300TQ on a Mustang and Dynodynamics dyno .... you might be able to get 300WHP (not WTQ) with a big turbo swap but it'll probably be a peaky HP graph with a lot of initial lag ...
Old Jan 16, 2006, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Actually, I don't see why 300whp couldn't be made with the stock exhaust. Just need mbc, cams, and a tune. that would put most Evos near 300whp, and the IXs are already hitting 300whp with just a tune...all Dynojet figures, of course.
Old Jan 16, 2006, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

Wouldnt it be a lot cheaper and more reliable to just change your exhaust to a quiet one. Look at the RSR Exmag. I just purchased one and it is relatively quiet, compared to other exhausts, and is colored black with an oval exhaust so it looks stock, less attention from the cops.
Old Jan 16, 2006, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by coco
Wouldnt it be a lot cheaper and more reliable to just change your exhaust to a quiet one. Look at the RSR Exmag. I just purchased one and it is relatively quiet, compared to other exhausts, and is colored black with an oval exhaust so it looks stock, less attention from the cops.
I'm not sure how that's cheaper than other solutions, though, when the Ex-mag is just a cat-back and costs about $700. You still need to buy a dowpipe and cat replacement to get to a full TBE.

Quick Reply: What's most HP w/ stock exhaust?