Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Does size matter?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2006, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does size matter?

Random question here, but one that I must ask. I am rerunning the vacumn lines for my manual boost controller, and was wondering if it makes any difference using two different sizes of hose. I ask this because of the fact that the nipple on the wastegate is a bit smaller than those on the bov, boost controller and the connection to the intake manifold. 5/32" ID hose fits best over the nipple on the wastegate, but is a real pain to slide over the other nipples. The other two sizes I have are 7/32" and 1/4". Both of those sizes fit perfect over the other nipples but are just too loose on the wastegate. I was thinking of running the 5/32" from the wastegate to the one input on the controller and 7/32" or 1/4" for all the other lines. This is probably a really dumb question but I have to ask. Would it make a difference?
Old Mar 14, 2006, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

as long as there isn't any leaks, it shouldn't be a big problem...
Old Mar 14, 2006, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

that was my concern using the larger diameter tubing all around was it leaking or coming off of the wastegate. I didn't fit very snug and even with a wire tie it was very easy to pull off. I try using a small hose clamp but it just keeps tightening and shredding the hose.
Old Mar 14, 2006, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

i just used the hose that fit and looked as close to the stockie as possilbe. ive had no issues, just make sure that it's tight so that there is no leaks