Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Finally after a whole month, Mitsu finally got my LoJack Early Warning System fixed.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2006, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally after a whole month, Mitsu finally got my LoJack Early Warning System fixed.

A month ago I bought my 2006 Evo IX and paid a whopping $830 extra for the new Lojack Early Warning Recovery System and two days after I bought the car i had the dealer install it. After having the car for the whole day, i pickup the car just before closing and noticed on the activation card and booklet that they only installed the regular system in the car.

For those of you who dont know, the regular lojack is only activated once you personally notice your car is stolen.... which could be hours or even a whole night before you find your car missing. By then, thieves would have chopped the car into tiny pieces and you'd be screwed.
The Early Recovery System contains the same basic lojack system but also contains a special receiver/transmitter and comes with a little black "keypass" thing that goes on your keychain and is a little smaller than our stock alarm remotes. If your little keypass is not within 25 or so feet of your vehicle and someone moves the car whether it be a thief driving it or a tow truck making off with your ride.... the receiver hidden inside your car immediately notifies lojack as well as calls/messages one of the following: Home Phone, Cell Phone, Pager, Text Message, and/or E-Mail. So if your car is jacked, you know pretty much within a couple minutes and you can send the boys in blue to get the punks who jacked your car.

But in typical mitsubishi service....they only installed the basic version and it took a months worth of phone calls to the dealer, personally walking in twice, and a series of promises to call me back the following morning on multiple occasions which never happened. Finally i went to the dealers owners office and raised hell over it and today, a month later.... LoJack came to my house and installed the new device.

Now.... i hear peoples stories on this forum all the time regarding poor service from mitsubishi dealers, and so far i've seen the same thing. But i do wonder if this problem only seems so common simply because much like you see in the news.... 'if they don't bleed, they don't read.' I'm sure people have good service experiences all the time but of course they don't take the time or even feel it necessary to post about them. It seems to me this is the trend on most automotive forums i've been members of over the years.

I dunno... just a rambling thought.