Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I hate banks. (good story)

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2006, 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate banks. (good story)

About two months ago I bought my 03 evo from a private seller and they had it through a loan with 5/3rds bank. We paid off the rest of the loan which was around 22000 and therefore picked up the car and brought it home. Obviously since I was buying it from a private seller we didn't get plates for the car, including temporaries. So naturally we have to go to the DMV to register the car to our name and get custom plates, or atleast temporary plates for now.

We called up the bank for the first time, talked with the person who is a personal banker for the private seller that we bought it from and asked if we could get the title of the car to obviously go get plates for the car. He said to give him a week because he had to get the previous owner to get some papers signed on the car to verify that we bought it, etc etc.

A week later, no phone call, we call him up and ask for the title again. He says that the papers are still being processed and the title right now, which is at a different bank then ours, was being transferred aswell. So a little frustrated, we just wait for a few days and ask him to call us back when he has any news of our car.

About 3 days later we call up asking if the title was transferred yet. We were a bit aggravated obviously seeing that we have a car sitting in the garage and not being able to drive it. Finally the guy confesses that the bank lost the title, and they just put in a order for a new one a week ago. So he lied to us about having the title transferred over banks so he could buy himself time. He said to wait about one week for the new title to arrive from the state.

We have been calling about every other day to the bank to ask if they have the title yet, and they refuse to return our phone calls for the last 3 weeks. At the moment, I still do not have my title to my car. I cannot legally drive it without plates. I'm paying about $300 for those two months of insurance. I had to sneak out without plates to get my brake pads fixed. And I sit in my garage wishing to drive my evo about everynight. What a pain in the ***, never use 5/3rd bank. What kind of bank losing the effing TITLE of a car. Thanks for reading and understanding the pain I'm going through having to drive my 115hp 2.0 Golf around everyday instead of my 03 evo.

I'll tell y'all when I finally get the title. Hopefully the bank will reinburst us with the $300 for insurance on account of their dumbasses for leading us on. And hopefully pay our car payment that month. They said this never happened before so fingers crossed we'll get some compensation for their stupidity. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by ohthree; May 11, 2006 at 04:56 PM.
Old May 11, 2006, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

ouchhhh..thats how my couzin had to go thru when he bought his s2000
Old May 11, 2006, 11:28 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry dude, that sucks big time! Keep us updated
Old May 11, 2006, 11:48 PM
Evolving Member

gl on that dude hope you get it soon
Old May 11, 2006, 11:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i wouldnt have taken the car unless the title was sitting in the glove box... did ya get a good deal on the car least?
Old May 11, 2006, 11:58 PM
Evolving Member

I have the loan on my Evo thru 5/3 bank have had no problems and have the best interest rate I could find.
Old May 12, 2006, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

That is ridiculous! I can see why you are so mad!
Old May 12, 2006, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Man they lost my title too!! and pointed the finger and Medina Mitsu. and they said no we sent it to the bank....I had temporary tags but it took from the day I bought the car to 1 day before the temps. run out to get my title....

They told me to send in 40 dollars to do a title transfer to PA so I can sign it.... i sent money and no title, I called everyday and kept threatning....they kept point to Medina saying they never sent it...Medina says no we did 2 weeks ago after you purchased the car?...At this point I was so pissed I called and flipped out on this girl who was totally shocked and I hoped I made her cry, used a lot of language that isnt very appropriate....I dont normally do that but I was at the end of my rope and I couldnt be without my car because of work and this wasnt supposed to be hard and the fact it took up until the day before my temp. ran out and I just kind of exploded?....So finally magically they found it in a stack of papers and said oops we have had this for 3 weeks?....I could have choked everyone in that office...They overnighted it to me and accidently sent me my $40 check back....I ripped it up and about a week later they sent me a memo saying they needed it back because there was a misunderstanding and the check was not supposed to be sent back....I called and said good luck getting it back from me after dicking me around for almost a month....Never heard another word about it....

This is amazing that the same bank had done it twice?.....Im refinacing through my new credit union, I get a better rate and better service. I hate that bank

Last edited by travman; May 12, 2006 at 07:55 AM.
Old May 12, 2006, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

I had a pretty good rate, used with a 6.4% rate on it, worked really well, very low payments. That is hilarious that I'm not the only one this has happened to. I called them today twice to the main manager and the personal banker and both still are not returning my phone calls. Tommarow I'm thinking about going over there and taking care of business myself.

Last edited by ohthree; May 12, 2006 at 11:11 AM.
Old May 12, 2006, 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ohthree
About two months ago I bought my 03 evo from a private seller and they had it through a loan with 5/3rds bank. We paid off the rest of the loan which was around 22000 and therefore picked up the car and brought it home. Obviously since I was buying it from a private seller we didn't get plates for the car, including temporaries. So naturally we have to go to the DMV to register the car to our name and get custom plates, or atleast temporary plates for now.

We called up the bank for the first time, talked with the person who is a personal banker for the private seller that we bought it from and asked if we could get the title of the car to obviously go get plates for the car. He said to give him a week because he had to get the previous owner to get some papers signed on the car to verify that we bought it, etc etc.

A week later, no phone call, we call him up and ask for the title again. He says that the papers are still being processed and the title right now, which is at a different bank then ours, was being transferred aswell. So a little frustrated, we just wait for a few days and ask him to call us back when he has any news of our car.

About 3 days later we call up asking if the title was transferred yet. We were a bit aggravated obviously seeing that we have a car sitting in the garage and not being able to drive it. Finally the guy confesses that the bank lost the title, and they just put in a order for a new one a week ago. So he lied to us about having the title transferred over banks so he could buy himself time. He said to wait about one week for the new title to arrive from the state.

We have been calling about every other day to the bank to ask if they have the title yet, and they refuse to return our phone calls for the last 3 weeks. At the moment, I still do not have my title to my car. I cannot legally drive it without plates. I'm paying about $300 for those two months of insurance. I had to sneak out without plates to get my brake pads fixed. And I sit in my garage wishing to drive my evo about everynight. What a pain in the ***, never use 5/3rd bank. What kind of bank losing the effing TITLE of a car. Thanks for reading and understanding the pain I'm going through having to drive my 115hp 2.0 Golf around everyday instead of my 03 evo.

I'll tell y'all when I finally get the title. Hopefully the bank will reinburst us with the $300 for insurance on account of their dumbasses for leading us on. And hopefully pay our car payment that month. They said this never happened before so fingers crossed we'll get some compensation for their stupidity. Thanks for reading.
My suggestion would be to go to the bank personally go speak to the bank officer you are working with and have him get the bank manager. Ask to talk in a private office out of respect for the employees and clients and vent yourself to them in a proffesional manner. Always get the higher people involved. If that doesn't work call corporate or if you know someone who is a lawyer have them call the bank
Old May 12, 2006, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

can you go into your dmv and get a duplicate title? i had to do that here in va. the title transfer was held up because of a vin verification. someone from dmv actually had to come out to the car and verify the vin on it.

it was raining when i went to dmv
Old May 12, 2006, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by speedracer2169
My suggestion would be to go to the bank personally go speak to the bank officer you are working with and have him get the bank manager. Ask to talk in a private office out of respect for the employees and clients and vent yourself to them in a proffesional manner. Always get the higher people involved. If that doesn't work call corporate or if you know someone who is a lawyer have them call the bank
My thoughts exactly. I would have went over the persons head after the first week.
Old May 12, 2006, 12:19 PM

Yeah I agree 5/3 bank treated me wrong. I was trying to get a line of credit through them for my franchise store, denied. They said they had 3 billion in assets but couldnt give me a 30,000 line of credit! Well went through old national and they took care of me no problems. Oh your wondering my first posts just love the evo, currently drive a 2004 colorado. I have plans to own an evo one day. I getting ready to open another store. More income=EVO.

Later,
JasZ71
Old May 12, 2006, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ohthree
I had a pretty good rate, used with a 6.4% rate on it, worked really well, very low payments. That is hilarious that I'm not the only one this has happened to. I called them today twice to the main manager and the personal banker and both still are not returning my phone calls. Tommarow I'm thinking about going over there and taking care of business myself.
Go in there in a fighting mood and just let em have it....The day I finally made progress was when I was having an already bad day and the last I wanted to hear was an excuse and I lost it on them....next day I had my title
Old May 12, 2006, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

just walk in there with an AK-47 and shoot the place up. They will take notice then, and think twice before screwing someone over. j/k

Quick Reply: I hate banks. (good story)