Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Just Got My Evo Rs!!

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2006, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dude nice rs..but love that suby..
Old May 13, 2006, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Turd Squirter
Nice rides! My wife and I have been praying for Mitsu to bring the Evo wagon to the USDM for a while now. I like that utilitarian type of look.

The windshield ticking is a known problem on new Evos. Dealer will know about it. Not sure if there is a TSB for it however. There should be though. As far as mods, forget the intake. Just get a nice 3" TBE and an EcuTek flash. You'll should be putting down 300whp after that if your tuner is decent. The IX is impressive. Don't worry about the fuel pump or aftermarket cams. You've already got that covered.

Are you going to add a stereo system?
Thanks!! Yes i'm going for a stereo system, I however only want to add a simple cd deck with only 2 front speakers, no rear speaker.. i also can hook in my sirius s50, does anyone know what's the stock front speaker size on the evos?
Old May 13, 2006, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

That suby was hott! If you put that kind of money and time into your RS, you will have one very ,very sweet ride
Old May 13, 2006, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another white 9 Congrats on the new ride
Old May 13, 2006, 11:51 PM
Evolving Member

Nice car!

Speakers are 6.5's
Old May 14, 2006, 12:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
jdmstop,

LOL, I like how you switched front fenders on your WRX.. LOL you thought I wasn't going to catch it?

Nice cars boths. I must agree with you, after you spent $15000 in engine, suspension mods, brakes mods, rims and tires, seats and save $2400 for a new tranny then you say: Wow, now I am equallly match to a basic Evo...

Is just like that bro, the Evo(Any Evo) is one galaxy ahead of any WRX and realisticly speaking you truly need to spend $15000 plus to make a WRX competitive with the Evo.

I wasted $11000 on my WRX and I was only half way(no upgraded brakes, no upgraded tires/rims,no upgraded suspension other than H&R springs), I am glad I stopped at $11000 by the way, that does not count the repair of two broken trannys in less than 60 days......

You made the best choice of your life. I wish you good luck on your new Evo.

Carlos
Old May 14, 2006, 12:10 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by jdmstop
Thanks!! Yes i'm going for a stereo system, I however only want to add a simple cd deck with only 2 front speakers, no rear speaker.. i also can hook in my sirius s50, does anyone know what's the stock front speaker size on the evos?
They're actually four 6.75" speaker holes. Two up front and two in the back. You'll need adaptors if you want to run 6.5" speakers. The whole car's pre-wired too. If it's in the budget, I would recommend four speakers or at least starting with the back speakers. Depending on how tall you are, your left leg will at least partially block the front left speaker. It has a small effect on acoustics, but an effect nonetheless. I've compensated by adjusting the L/R balance to +1 on the left. With just the rear speakers it sounded fine with the balance at zero.

Also I would recommend relocating the gauge cluster to the top DIN and, when you get one, place the HU on the bottom. Maybe down the road you'll be interested in something like this when you get tired of thinking in BAR and reading those other tiny 46mm Mistubishi OEM gauges...

Old May 14, 2006, 12:13 AM
Evolved Member

Turdsquiter,

Beautiful looks!! I love it, nice looking gauges and gauges console. it looks soo original. Where did you download the pictures from?

Carlos
Old May 14, 2006, 12:16 AM
Evolved Member

shoulda put those seats, IC, and rims on the RS
Old May 14, 2006, 12:18 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
Turdsquiter,

Beautiful looks!! I love it, nice looking gauges and gauges console. it looks soo original. Where did you download the pictures from?

Carlos
I wish I could take the credit, but that's not me in the picture nor is it my design. That's a gauge/cluster package that Gruppe-S offers. On my car both DIN's have a head unit. The bottom is for my Omnifi and the top is my Alpine. I got rid of the OEM sports gauge cluster and just mounted a 52mm Defi boost gauge on the steering column.
Old May 14, 2006, 12:21 AM
Evolving Member

congrats!!!
Old May 14, 2006, 12:49 AM

jdmstop,

LOL, I like how you switched front fenders on your WRX.. LOL you thought I wasn't going to catch it?

Nice cars boths. I must agree with you, after you spent $15000 in engine, suspension mods, brakes mods, rims and tires, seats and save $2400 for a new tranny then you say: Wow, now I am equallly match to a basic Evo...

Is just like that bro, the Evo(Any Evo) is one galaxy ahead of any WRX and realisticly speaking you truly need to spend $15000 plus to make a WRX competitive with the Evo.

I wasted $11000 on my WRX and I was only half way(no upgraded brakes, no upgraded tires/rims,no upgraded suspension other than H&R springs), I am glad I stopped at $11000 by the way, that does not count the repair of two broken trannys in less than 60 days......

You made the best choice of your life. I wish you good luck on your new Evo.

Carlos
Thanks!! you didn't see that i did the rear fender flare too did you? I have to get the rear quarter panel completely chopped off and weld on the sedan fender flare to have a full wide oem subaru flare!!

Yes, evo is good car just the 1st day i drove the car. I hope is just as reliable as the subaru's though!
Old May 14, 2006, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jdmstop
Thanks!! you didn't see that i did the rear fender flare too did you? I have to get the rear quarter panel completely chopped off and weld on the sedan fender flare to have a full wide oem subaru flare!!

Yes, evo is good car just the 1st day i drove the car. I hope is just as reliable as the subaru's though!
Actually I saw it but I to be honest I never thought that you were so into to spent that kind of money and do that. I have only seen that in a couple of cars like the Cobb tunning yellow WRX wchich has a wide bodykit.

Believe me, I saw it it just really shocked me that you went that far with the body mods. It looks very well done.

Now have fun with the Evo 9 RS!!.

Carlos
Old May 14, 2006, 11:52 PM

Actually I saw it but I to be honest I never thought that you were so into to spent that kind of money and do that. I have only seen that in a couple of cars like the Cobb tunning yellow WRX wchich has a wide bodykit.

Believe me, I saw it it just really shocked me that you went that far with the body mods. It looks very well done.

Now have fun with the Evo 9 RS!!.

Carlos
yeah, i regret it after i looked at how much $$ i've spent
Old May 15, 2006, 02:00 AM
Evolved Member

damn ur rex was pretty sick.

congrats on the Evo

Quick Reply: Just Got My Evo Rs!!