Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO I GSR questions.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2006, 01:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO I GSR questions.

Hey guys, theres alot of things I'm having problems finding.

First of all, I live in Canada land, wich means the only version of evo available is... there is non damnit!
first evo I (1992) will be available by overseas or buying US version on the 1st of january 2007.
my question is, is their any good EVO I with sane prices still available in the US? Is their a difference between the Jap version and US version. I want RHD, is it available in US? I know if I get it shipped from jap, its gonna cost me about 15-20grand, but if thats the case and its better that i buy it over seas I will. Anyone have any input on my few questions. and what do you think of getting the EVO 1, is it worth it? keep in mind we cant get anything else and if the EVO X makes it by mid 2k7, it will be completly out of my price range.

Thanks ;D

Fred/
Old Jun 18, 2006, 01:22 AM

evo 8 was first verison offered in U.S. (2003).
Old Jun 18, 2006, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by Cali2MDevo8
evo 8 was first verison offered in U.S. (2003).
So im bound to get it from jap eh? :P
Old Jun 18, 2006, 01:33 AM

any evo I owners on here? or do you have that 15year rule like canada? if so, how do you like your car?
Old Jun 18, 2006, 01:35 AM
ZK
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PoLaRBe4r
any evo I owners on here? or do you have that 15year rule like canada? if so, how do you like your car?
You can not get the Evo I in the USA. Imported cars from overseas is illegal to drive in the USA unless sold by the manufacturer. The only Evos sold in the USA is the Evo 8 and up.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 01:48 AM

Not sure about what 15 year rule your talking about? Can't date any girls under 15? LOL
Old Jun 18, 2006, 01:50 AM

Cars older than 15 years are import-able? Correct me if i'm wrong, but in that case, get an R32 Skyline :P

For more pre Evo8 info, check the UK and Aussie boards, they grey market all versions of the Evo.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by TimDC2x
Cars older than 15 years are import-able? Correct me if i'm wrong, but in that case, get an R32 Skyline :P

For more pre Evo8 info, check the UK and Aussie boards, they grey market all versions of the Evo.
skylines are overated. theres already a few in town, I want something that other people dont have.
the 15year rule applies to canada, if they are deemed unsafe by the canadian safety, after 15years your allowed to import them. Plus, skyline comes with 280HP, the EVO I is not far at 248. so m'eh. damn I thought it sucked here because we had to wait 15years, but you guys dont even have that rule
Old Jun 18, 2006, 02:35 AM
Evolving Member

if its an early evo you want ... why stop at 1 when you can get an evo IV (my fav)...
Old Jun 18, 2006, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by awdjunkies
if its an early evo you want ... why stop at 1 when you can get an evo IV (my fav)...

because of the 15 year rule wich means the IV will only be available in 2011.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 06:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your best bet is to get one from japan if you really want one. Importing from the UK will be more as the cars cost more there generally.

Like the others said these cars were not avalable in the US.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

I used to own an Evo 5 RS original LHD before transfering to a 6 RS then into a 7 RS2. I got the 5 directly from japan and is a completely original LHD car to be exported to other lhd asian countries including philippines. based on experience and talks with other owners of older gen Evos like the 3, you can get one for US$7,500.00. though they spent another $$$ to bring it back to rally shape. your best shot is to get an Evo 5 from Japan, but get the RS model. There are only 5000 units of the Evo 5 RS built worldwide so it would be quite a gamble. Try going to some of the Philippines automotive forums like kotse.com, autoindustriya.com or motorista.com. Some forumers there are selling Evo 5s. so just ask around.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

Not only will yo have an Evo, but you will have one of the meanest looking and most limited Evo ever.

Some quick facts about it:
1. Winner of both manufacturers and drivers champion in 1998 WRC.
2. Very limited. 5000 units of the 5 RS built WORLDWIDE.
3. Built in a special factory and not together with the regular production line.
4. One of the meanest looking and lightest model ever built.

you may be wondering why i sold mine? well i thought the VI and the VII would be worth it but now, im quite regretting it. oh well, thats life! Just make sure u get it legalized in canada!
Old Jun 21, 2006, 05:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PoLaRBe4r
Hey guys, theres alot of things I'm having problems finding.

First of all, I live in Canada land, wich means the only version of evo available is... there is non damnit!
first evo I (1992) will be available by overseas or buying US version on the 1st of january 2007.
my question is, is their any good EVO I with sane prices still available in the US? Is their a difference between the Jap version and US version. I want RHD, is it available in US? I know if I get it shipped from jap, its gonna cost me about 15-20grand, but if thats the case and its better that i buy it over seas I will. Anyone have any input on my few questions. and what do you think of getting the EVO 1, is it worth it? keep in mind we cant get anything else and if the EVO X makes it by mid 2k7, it will be completly out of my price range.

Thanks ;D

Fred/
First LHD Evo is IV, so there's only RHD Evo I's. You should get decent example from Japan at around 3000-4000 euros, if you find one. There's plenty in UK, you might want to check www.lancerregister.com