Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Followup on electronic issues

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2006, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Followup on electronic issues

Went to the dealer yesterday to have them check the problems with my blinkers,highbeams, wipers,etc. They said my column ecu was on its way out and that I needed a new one, which could explain everything acting weird and me not having any blinkers today lol. I would like to know if this has happened to anybody else and how much it cost them. The ecu is 250ish and the install is like an hr of labor. Should I get it used or does anyone know a place where i can get a new one for cheap. Anybody who has had problems please chime in because I really can't deal with this anymore. Thanx guys
Old Aug 9, 2006, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

bump can anyone help me at all?...don't wanna get ripped off by the dealer..will i need a whole ecu in the steering coumn like they said or is there something else? They said 250 plus install
Old Aug 9, 2006, 02:13 PM

Maybe if you give us a lot more detail as to "everything acting wierd" we may be able to help you. Sounds fishy though.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

ok well most of the time when i use my wipers they continue to stay on even when i turn them off and they will stay on until i shut the car off. My blinkers do not work at all anymore(from working half the time) and my highbeams are hit or miss as far as turning on. Its driving me nuts, want to get it fixed asap but don't want to spend an arm and a leg to get it done. It couldn't have been a fuse because it was working, just not all the time, so they found out it was the ecu that controlled everything near the steering column. Do i realy need that or can i just buy the knob that sticks out for the left/right turn signal and highbeams. Stumped on what i should do...thanks