Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Fella's my car's been Violated.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys, i forgot to mention another thing. All that tugging and pulling and the oem alarm had no clue of what was going on. I'm definitely wanting to replace it, what do ya'll recommend. Cuz i tell ya, i think there could be an earthquake and the alarm would not go off...
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

Damn man...sorry....
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
here's a picture of the Seibon carbon fiber trunk on a apex silver evo. I have this exact same trunk on my evo, but mine is blue. It fits well and looks awesome. As for the alarm, I'd recommend a Viper 791XV. top of the line is the best way to go. It costs about $550 including installation at a local best buy. I have this alarm and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:33 PM
Former Sponsor

another trend is peopel stealing tail gates of pick up trucks...those are between 700-1500.... 3 peopel i know my super high security gated neighborhood where crime is "impossible" had theirs stolen....
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 03evo4g63
here's a picture of the Seibon carbon fiber trunk on a apex silver evo. I have this exact same trunk on my evo, but mine is blue. It fits well and looks awesome. As for the alarm, I'd recommend a Viper 791XV. top of the line is the best way to go. It costs about $550 including installation at a local best buy. I have this alarm and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Dude, that looks awesome. How much does this run?..
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

its a long shot but maybe you can try to get the wing fingerprinted. maybe you'll get a hit on it.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

I bought my carbon fiber trunk used from a guy intown for like $425. He had it on his car for about 6 months and decided to go another route to my benefit. lol. But brand new, I think they run ~$610 from lancershop.com, but if you do your homework, I'm sure you could find one cheaper from another site, or buy a nice used one.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IceXpert
its a long shot but maybe you can try to get the wing fingerprinted. maybe you'll get a hit on it.
Man the police in Puerto Rico aree USELESS. the wing had a load of fingerprints all over it. I know they weren't mine because that night i had washed the car. Man you could clearly see the prints. I took it to the police station and they said they could do nothing for me because the thieves did not literally steal the wing. It's truly inbelievable. All i have is my insurance company to back me. sad but true...
Old Aug 15, 2006, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

welcome to the attempted evo wing theft club... same exact thing happened to mine... wing cracked in the middle and the trunk lid creased on the same side as yours... i found an evo 8 wing on ebay for $300 bucks and pocketed the other $1500 my insurance gave me. (that wing is like 1600 from the dealership)...

I just need to get off my lazy *** and finish stripping all the paint off so i can get it clear coated and put on... doing that all c/f wing thing is definetly a PITA!
Old Aug 15, 2006, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

I say go wingless. It looks pretty slick to me
Old Aug 15, 2006, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

all vandals should go to hell!!!!!!!!! like what other ppl said, use the insurance money to get a CF trunk!
Old Aug 15, 2006, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evrblazin
What do you guys think?

My opinion... take the ins. check and buy these...

http://lancershop.com/customer/produ...&cat=71&page=1
http://lancershop.com/customer/produ...&cat=71&page=1

Yeh thats probably what i would do to. Just curious...does that hood come with holes drilled for the stock wing?
Old Aug 15, 2006, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SRT-TO-EVO
Is it me or does anyone see this "trend" happening too often lately. It seems as if every day there is a new thread like this, It's getting out of hand. What the hell is it that is going through people's heads that they have to destroy other's property? I'm paranoid to hell now that when I get mine it's going to be in the garage all the time. This is just rediculous.
In the USA it's because kids are now raised by Fiddy and the wannabe thugsta crew that preach the only way to get what you want in life is to rob, steal, rape and kill your way to success. And anyone that says otherwise is a sucker of a chump. And that the man is going to keep you down if you don't act hard at all times. Welcome to America, land of the morally bankrupt.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Jealousy is a b*^ch. I get looks from thug kids all the time rolling down the road. Even had a group of teens give me the finger all cause I work hard to have nice things. If these kids would stop stealing and get an education or a decent job they would be able to have nice things also.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

someone would be dead if they did that to my ride. I would shoot them no questions asked.