Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo = most expensive car to insure

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2006, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My insurance for the evo went up $60 a quarter from the Scion TC I used to own. Considering the TC was almost half the price I was rather happy that it only went up that much.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 04:47 PM
Account Disabled

It all these damn retarded kids driving dumb. wait I think i can be blamed as well.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 04:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yeah..I realize this is a repost....but I'm 30 and I pay 1,100 dollars for six months on my car.....and thats shopping around...I had a accident and a few tickets....now I'm trying to drive like my grandma
Old Nov 17, 2006, 05:04 PM
Evolving Member

Some advice to people who just have an evo to drive all the time, buy a crapy honda or toyota that is 10+ years old and tell the insurance company that is your main driving car and your evo is you weekend cruiser. Just drive the evo all the time and your rate will be like 1000 less a year.

I was just quoted 2400 a year for just an evo, and 1400 a year for a 96 corolla and 06 evo as weekend car. Thats only about 120 a month and I am only 24 years old, so thats not too bad.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

wow..that's more than me...i'm 32 and pay $700 every 6 months and the car is brand new...it will only go down as the car gets older...that's the good thing about insurance....i don't have any tickets or wrecks and my house is insured at the same place so that helps

i noticed that just about all of the cars on the least exspensive list sucked....so basically high insurance = cool car....low insurance = sucky car

i've never understood why male insurance is higher than female....girls can't drive!..i guess it's because of the 50's racers on up to the racers ("ricers") nowadays......girls have a lot more wrecks than males...at least in my experience... ...you know ...they all speed, drive while putting on makeup, etc.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am 25 and I pay $1200 a year... :-)
Old Nov 17, 2006, 07:24 PM

I am 35 divorced and I pay 69.00 with a maintnenace insurance program. No tickets to wreck is at least 15 years. I guess I am just lucky
Old Nov 17, 2006, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Dont forget the evo has a sub-par crash rating (two stars for side impact). That definately affects rates since a minor accident is more likely to cause serious physical injury. Although front impact gets a four star crash rating. I also think insurance companies see "turbocharged" and its like it gives them freedom to raise the rates.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 12:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by althemean
Dont forget the evo has a sub-par crash rating (two stars for side impact). That definately affects rates since a minor accident is more likely to cause serious physical injury. Although front impact gets a four star crash rating. I also think insurance companies see "turbocharged" and its like it gives them freedom to raise the rates.
only the 03-04 model year has 2 stars for side impact into front seats. '05+ have 4 stars all around.

Originally Posted by 3volut1on
Are you kidding me? Do you not search before you post?
no, not kidding, it's really #1 on the list ..... (before you start yelling that i misinterpreted your post, note the sarcasm in my reply). i was at work and didn't have a lot of time to thoroughly look through threads, if you don't want to read a repost because you know it all, then don't open it maybe? some people don't know about this, just like i didn't and they wouldn't have stumbled on some dead threads.
if mods don't like this, they can always close it, if not, anyone can discuss anything.

i for one, am paying 800/6months with 1 small accident and no tix. as someone suggested to have a beater car and list evo as weekend car - i tried it with my old integra and it didn't help. in fact my integra was $600/6months for liability ONLY with both cars insured.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 12:49 AM

if u read a bit on theautochannel page u linked to, this is what it says..
"Culled from a list of the 20 best-selling cars and small trucks in the U.S.,"
evo's arent on that list.

the insurance.com page was only listing most/least expensive for certain catagories..

and the last, i say no canadian evo owner (since the info was taken from the Insurance Bureau of Canada) has insurance with them..lol thats why it aint on their list..

anyways, good researching, im just bored so i had to check into those links..lol
Old Nov 18, 2006, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hate how its the most expensive to insure.. But it does make sense.

TJ
Old Nov 18, 2006, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

I thought i was going to get rapped by the insurance when I bought my 05 EVO and it turns out I was right. Progressive qutoed me at 235 per month and then I went with USAA and I literally had to ask her like 4x times if she was serious. I pay 109 bucks per month now. With my driving record and lead foot I was surprised. Anyways now I need to get my bikes through them.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Its for all the 17-23 year old people that have an Evo. Did they buy it for themselves? Probably not. Do they take care of it like its theirs - no. Weekly you see a "I crashed my Evo" thread. I'm surprised they still even cover these cars... Its also have the reason the re-sale for them is crap too (all the young buyers).
Old Nov 18, 2006, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JoizeeX
only the 03-04 model year has 2 stars for side impact into front seats. '05+ have 4 stars all around.

you sure? I almost positive that all model years had the 2 star drivers side impact and 4 star passenger side and front and rear. I looked it up on like four web sites and they included the 06's
Old Nov 18, 2006, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

I have a 2003 and it was cheaper than most cars i have insured... It was even cheaper than an a couple of older cars i used to own! I was quite surprised

Quick Reply: Evo = most expensive car to insure