Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Ran out of luck today with my EVO...

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2003, 04:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by IS2000
Since I got my EVO for 6 days, about 5-6 people tried to switch lane without looking (is my car that invisible ), and one tried to run a red light.
Well, no luck for me and my EVO today.
I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL. I just bought my evo tonight and it felt like everyone on the road was aiming for me. I avoided a few accidents and was almost rear-ended one time. I also lost count of how many times I was cut off. I know my evo is black but it isnt invisible!!

Man IS2000....i remember you saying you just bought yours!! So cal drivers really suck!! (except us of course)
Old May 18, 2003, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

Congrats Coolguy! There are now like 5 black Evo's in south county. Where did you end up getting it? We still need to have an Evo get together or something...

-Josh

p.s. Sorry 'bout the thread hijack
Old May 18, 2003, 04:10 PM
Evolving Member

Feel sorry to hear this...

Just hope everything will be settle asap...

^_^
Old May 18, 2003, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Also, one more question guys!
I think I might have to do the wheel alignment and tire balancing before they finished the claiming process. So, can I get her insurance to include that in the bill? I tried to call her insurance company but no luck in finding the #. It's American International Insurance co.

BTW, after she heard a $3000+ estimate, she decided to use her insurance co. The fender is sure expensive.
Old May 18, 2003, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by nynguah
Congrats Coolguy! There are now like 5 black Evo's in south county. Where did you end up getting it? We still need to have an Evo get together or something...

-Josh

p.s. Sorry 'bout the thread hijack
Got mine at Miller Mits in Van Nuys for 500 under MSRP! Yeah, let's definately get together. Lets all go watch 2Fast 2Furious at the spectrum 21....imagine like 5 - 7 evos driving into the parking lot together.
Old May 18, 2003, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

Also, one more question guys!
I think I might have to do the wheel alignment and tire balancing before they finished the claiming process. So, can I get her insurance to include that in the bill? I tried to call her insurance company but no luck in finding the #. It's American International Insurance co.

BTW, after she heard a $3000+ estimate, she decided to use her insurance co. The fender is sure expensive.
bump^
Old May 19, 2003, 12:24 AM

ohhh man, i'm SOOOOO sorry.

I hadn't seen any EVOs yet and was wanted to check out your car (although I do suprisingly usually drive the speed limit) and maybe have some fun.

Anyway, I saw that car swing out of the lane like a madman....if you need any witnesses I could help, just email me (i never check my PMs).

good luck man.
Old May 19, 2003, 12:48 AM
Evolving Member

I almost got side swiped tonight by some hillbilly in a mid 80's camero. The idiot was holding up traffic, so I flew by in the right lane. All of a sudden...the idiot finally finds his throttle. Sure enough he floors it and changes into my lane in front of me again. Starts slowing down? I pull to the right to pass him again.....I'm along side of him when all of sudden he swerves into my lane! #ucking Idiot #sshole!!! Its like he was blind or somthing? Thank goodness for the handling of the EVO....I saw him swerve in time and cut the wheel into the next lane safely at 80.

What a moron! I'm surprised this also has been happening to other EVO drivers.

I've been in enough accidents...I hope this doesn't happen again.

Last edited by spyderturbo; May 19, 2003 at 01:00 AM.
Old May 19, 2003, 01:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Kwyjibo
ohhh man, i'm SOOOOO sorry.

I hadn't seen any EVOs yet and was wanted to check out your car (although I do suprisingly usually drive the speed limit) and maybe have some fun.

Anyway, I saw that car swing out of the lane like a madman....if you need any witnesses I could help, just email me (i never check my PMs).

good luck man.
Were you the Impreza driver? I feel lucky now.
If the insurance co. ever need a witness, and if everything goes well. I'm sure your WRX will have more toys.
Old May 19, 2003, 02:58 AM

Were you the Impreza driver? I feel lucky now.
If the insurance co. ever need a witness, and if everything goes well. I'm sure your WRX will have more toys.
Yeah, it was me alright....btw, it looked real cool the way the your car shot over to the left and came back (in my side view it looked like she almost missed)...i'm sure if you didn't have the awd you woulda lost it there.

but yea, if you need a witness just let me know.
Old May 19, 2003, 02:59 AM

Great............ Insurance for EVO is gonna go up if it continues to be a popular target
Old May 19, 2003, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

I know how you feel. Just this weekend (and especially after taking the car off the lot after buying it) I felt like everyone was aiming for me. I've never been in so many close calls in a two day period of time ever! Maybe black is a stealthy color? Or maybe PEOPLE NEED TO GET OFF THEIR CELL PHONES!!!