Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Carbon Clutch

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2007, 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carbon Clutch

Has anyone used the new exedy mm022sbmc how does it drive, make noise, pedal pressure, launch, does it need to warm up and HP I know the older one has to warm up or it slips is that still the case.

thanks
Old Jan 21, 2007, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tuning g
Has anyone used the new exedy mm022sbmc how does it drive, make noise, pedal pressure, launch, does it need to warm up and HP I know the older one has to warm up or it slips is that still the case.

thanks
I don't know them by their part number - you should refer to it as its actual name. Here's my review on the Exedy Twin Carbon:

Exedy Twin Carbon Preliminary Review

I would think any carbon clutch would need to be heated up before it works properly. Mine will slip mainly on the highway in top gear if I try to roll into boost without getting it warm, but it never does it when daily driving. Still haven't launched at the drag strip, since it's Winter, but I've done 5 or so launches at auto-x, and it was great.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

Well this is a new clutch just out since December @ the PRI show and it's suppose to be more streetable so hence the reason for my question I guess it would be the hyper series so I don't know if it is different from yours.

Thanks for the replys
Old Jan 21, 2007, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't think mine is considered to be part of the "new" series, but they did send it to me to test like their recently released 4-puck single disk that I tested. I would have thought they'd send me the newer version if anything, but they didn't mention it.

Anyway, I can't imagine anything being MORE streetable than this thing. It's ridiculously easy to drive daily - it's like the stock clutch as far as daily driving but not as weak and mushy.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

Oh ok cool so I guess it's a good thing :-)