Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evos everywhere

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2003, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've still yet to see one in the wild.

I know two other owners in town, and have seen their cars, but never "in the wild".

Chicago is going to be a pretty big target market for these cars. Any of the AWD sports cars tend to do very very well up there (reference Audi's great market penetration in Chicago and in Minnesota as well).
Old May 27, 2003, 12:40 PM
choad

I have seen four so far, but two were on a "cruising strip" here in town called Hiway 100..
Gotta expect that..

The other two were parked..

One at Culvers in M. Falls, the other at Renner in Fireballs "reserved for EVO's ONLY parking spot.."

Old May 27, 2003, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

I have not seen 1 evo on the road here. I have looked in the dealer advertisements in the paper to see what they were trying to charge, and hell the 1 mitsu dealer in town isn't even advertising them. they love their chevy and ford trucks around here.
Old May 27, 2003, 12:46 PM
DJJ

Well one Blue Evo almost crashed into me this past Sunday Night as I was driving down my street to my house This would be my second sighting thus far in the Chicago area. Anybody here by chance?
Old May 27, 2003, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by G35c_Eddie
I live in So. Cali and only seen 2. One silver one some guy rolled up in (and people crowded around him) and a yellow one (last one left in stock) at a dealer....LOL
hey that might have been me.
Old May 27, 2003, 01:12 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by M3lachsilber
One at Culvers in M. Falls, the other at Renner in Fireballs "reserved for EVO's ONLY parking spot.."
Heheh...
Old May 27, 2003, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

I'm in TN and have not saw any on the road and I know my local dealer had sold 2 other besides. But i like it that way
Old May 27, 2003, 03:25 PM

Originally posted by jedinite
I've still yet to see one in the wild.

I know two other owners in town, and have seen their cars, but never "in the wild".

Chicago is going to be a pretty big target market for these cars. Any of the AWD sports cars tend to do very very well up there (reference Audi's great market penetration in Chicago and in Minnesota as well).
I about paralyzed myself with neck whip while spinng in my seat to check out a silver Evo driving down Santa Fe in Overland Park. It looked like a 35-40ish woman driving.
Old May 27, 2003, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

uhh buddy EVOs are limited.....4,500 this year and 6,500 the following.....that pretty limited compared to the population of the US...and the amount of other cars produced, then you add the cost of the car and how many can afford it/ would rather have a sports sedan over a Honda....so seeing that many Evos is an act of GOD! and one more thing....i talked w/ a sales rep. at Huggins and the dealer sold the most EVOs in TEXAS....big state...he sold a GRAND total of 7 i think....
Old May 27, 2003, 03:44 PM

I have 3k miles on my car in Northern California and have seen 1 black one in San Francisco, 1 white one on a freeway in San Jose, 1 yellow one at a San Jose stoplight, and 1 silver one (which is a buddy of mine). I don't think there are many out there. Now when you compare this car to most other cars out there on the road in this area, the EVO is almost as "rare" as ferraris.
Old May 27, 2003, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

Very happy with the Cobra, it is not my daily driver.

Originally posted by Scot
i have not seen even 1 other Evo driving on the road. I now have 2500 miles on mine.

You pissed about buying the Cobra mike? I think if I was limited to just 1 car, the Evo would be the easy winner vs the Cobra. Cobra is fun here and there, but certainly not the daily driver winner.

Scot
Old May 27, 2003, 04:01 PM

I live in NY and work in CT. I commute 200 miles daily. I have had my EVO since March and have 7,000 miles on it. I have seen no EVO's on the road.
Old May 27, 2003, 04:03 PM

i have not seen any evos either. i always go back home fridays from san diego to la and back to sd on sundays. u would think socal is the car capital of the world, but apparently not for evos.
Old May 27, 2003, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

I've also owned my evo since March and have yet to see another one in the wild. In fact .... the only other evo's I've seen are at dealerships and one at a car show that was painted to look identical to the one that will be used in 2Fast2Furious .... except is was an 8 instead of a 7.
Old May 27, 2003, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

I'm in the chicago area too and I havn't seen one on the road yet. But I've seen a silver one at a meet i was at, a yellow one at a meet i was at, and a blue one 2 nights ago..turns out my bf's buddy got one and didn't wanna tell us....that bastard!!! he's already got a yellow type r sitting in the garage AND the blue evo..and he's not even here! he's away training for the marines! I tell ya, how do these people pay for their cars? irks me sometimes