Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need Advice and Help on TME evo...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2007, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Need Advice and Help on TME evo...

Well i have been shopping around for evo's for a good couple of months now. I'm 19, i work hard for my money and i wanna get something that im gonna love an wanna keep for awhile (aka the evo...lol) My questions is does any1 know a place or person that can get or has a 6.5 TME Evo, and about how much the damage would be on one?! I'm really interested to know only because it's my favorite evo out of them all!

Now im looking at Evo 8's also, What can be the pros and cons between the two. If i decide to go the TME route wut will i lose in not buying an 8, etc. etc.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRICIATED! I searched and didn't really turn anything up on this subject. I even googled it! lol Thanx in Advance

-Kenny
Old Feb 17, 2007, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
unless you have a really good hook up at the DMV, its going to be VERY hard to get a TME evo 6. They DO NOT conform to DOT & EPA standards..that and the vin#s will not match to the DMV system..our better off getting an 8 and doing the mods (TME turbo swap).
Old Feb 18, 2007, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EVIIIMike
unless you have a really good hook up at the DMV, its going to be VERY hard to get a TME evo 6. They DO NOT conform to DOT & EPA standards..that and the vin#s will not match to the DMV system..our better off getting an 8 and doing the mods (TME turbo swap).
Yeah people are telling me that, plus i would have a hard time getting a loan for a TME Evo too. I think i might look into getting a 9 RS now lol idk. I am gonna wait till after March requardless to see what happens with a speeding ticket i got more then 2 years ago and still hasn't been taken care of...

Byump for more info though...
Old Feb 18, 2007, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

imo, 99% of the appeal of a pre evo 8 is superficial. Ask yourself why you want to go through the headaches instead of just getting an 8 or 9.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Carloverx
imo, 99% of the appeal of a pre evo 8 is superficial. Ask yourself why you want to go through the headaches instead of just getting an 8 or 9.
No it's not. I have owned a TME and it's spectacular. You have no idea how much of a difference AYC makes.

There are currently around 6 in the US. I sold mine about a year ago.

The problem is if you find one for sale you will pay as much as you would for a used IX and more then a used VIII.

Old Feb 18, 2007, 09:44 AM
Account Disabled

tme would be cool but it would be a lot of work and probably almost as much money as buying a new 9 rs...