Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Still having issues with DEFI VSD and guages...wiring issue...help appreciated

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2007, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Still having issues with DEFI VSD and guages...wiring issue...help appreciated

Okay so here is the rundown. I have DEFI boost/oil temp/oil press/egt.....all of them work perfectly except for the fact that they don't remember their warning settings....and yep I know you guys are going to say its not hooked up to a constant....this is where I am confused.

Because I have the Defi VSD as well, the instructions say to get the power wire for the DEFI CU V2 and plug it into the CU for the VSD.

So here is the weird part....the VSD remembers the settings...meaning it has constant power source, but the CU V2 which gets its power from the VSD's CU does not remember the settings.....so how can that be?

If the VSD is wired to a constant power source and the CU v2 is plugged into it, then they share the same power and they should both have constant, right?

So I am sitting there trying to figure it out.....when I take the constant power wire from the VSD and plug it into the DEFI CU V2 the guages remember the settings. So there is nothing wrong with either CU or the guages or VSD itself....something to do with the wiring and I am going nuts over here.
Old May 28, 2007, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh yah my rpm bar on the VSD is not working either......