Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Engine Noise

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2007, 02:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine Noise

Recently tuned my car on Race Gas and the next day I went to a dyno shootout. While I was on the dyno, we made three pulls. The first one hit timing at about 6k rpm and the second-third pulls made about 100+ whp less then what the car was suppose to make. After the competition, I changed back to 91 and flipped maps, but my car now sounds like a turbo civic from the engine bay. It is extremely loud, but the car still runs fine. I am thinking it could be a gasket blown somewhere and leaking some fumes, but has anyone had experience with this problem. I am currently at my parents house, so I don't have a shop nearby to go to. Thanks .
Old Jul 15, 2007, 03:53 AM

I used to have the same prob on my turbo RSX and it turned out to be my downpipe cracked. sounded like crap and fumes all the time. Where in SD are you. im at scripps ranch. nice numbers anyways.
Old Jul 15, 2007, 03:59 AM
Evolving Member

Check the exhaust manifold and the gaskets around it.. if still nothing.. check the wastegate...
Old Jul 15, 2007, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks guys, I'll check it today. I live in UTC btw MRQ06, come check out some SD meets .