Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Front Bumper

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2007, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front Bumper

Hello, well here is the short version, the previous owner of my car, installed a IX front bumper in the Evo 8, but, he change that parts (this were I need your help) that graps the hood, is the part you have to push when you pop the hood, to let it open, anyway as you can see its very different from the original one

also he got the front IX bumper, with made it from fiber glass, we all know that a no no, so now I have it all dented and scratched from little pieces of rock from the highway, so I got the original front bumper from the 8, wich i like by the way, so wich parts do I need to get it done, i got from mitsubishiparts this list of parts but i dont know wich ones to get,

Please select a corresponding number from the illustration below to view the details of that part.
1) Hood 2) Insulator 3) Insulator Retainer
4) Insulator Retainer clip 5) Insulator Fastener 6) Side Side Right
7) Center Center Right 8) Rear w strip 9) Rear w strip Clip
10) Type 1 Type 1 Back 11) Type 2 Type 2 Back 12) Support rod
13) Support rod Grommet 14) Support rod Clip 15) Front w strip
16) Latch 17) Latch Cover 18) Pad
19) Release cable 20) Release cable Clamp 21) Release handle
22) Hinge Right 23) Shim Shim Back

so people can you please guide me, btw I live in Panama, Central America, there only one dealer from Mitsubishi here, and they dont bring the Evo, so many parts of them are not available, if you notice that one of this parts has a regular Part Number from a Lancer let me know so it might be here, otherwise I will have to bought it from US