Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

tottaled evo ,, bad day

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2007, 07:07 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BillAce
Your insurance will pay minus your deductible.

Any insurance for a stolen vehicle is automatically cancelled so the rightful owner is not liable. You also have uninsured/underinsured coverage for this reason. Many times your agent gives you the minimum coverage 15/30 which will not cover an Evo or any personal injury if this happens.

Wither way, just go through your own insurance company.

Make sure your UM/BI coverage is at the same limit you chose for liability. It isn't expensive and worth every penny.

yes but the vehicle that was stolen, was stolen because the keys were left in the car this is negligence by part of the owner leaving the keys inside that vehicle made it easier for the thief to steal it and crash it into the civilians, the leutenant told me that the guy did it on puropse because his mom was killed a week ago, he felt he had to revenge with innocent people, its a really wierd situation
Old Aug 29, 2007, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's the reason why you have insurance. You are more likely to get it resolved and fixed quicker if you go through your insurance rather than waiting for the conclusion of litigation.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
keep your head up and hope you come out on top on this matter..............
Old Aug 29, 2007, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

this is what i would do get a lawyer one this would be for action against either that guy or the company most likely the company for being negligent about their trucks and have the lawyer deal with your wifes pain , your insurance company should fix your car if you pay the deductable and have the truck company or that guy pay it .... you don't have to put up with anyones **** on this!
Old Aug 29, 2007, 09:12 PM

wow that sucks.. hope all works out
Old Aug 29, 2007, 09:59 PM
Account Disabled

Everyone is right here... hire a lawyer. While the trucking company's auto insurance COULD be canceled because the truck was stolen, the company's laibility insurance could kick in here. The keys were left in the vehicle, so the arguement could be made that the trucking company is/was at fault.

If you have un/underinsured motorist coverage, your wife's medical bills will be taken care of by this claim (as well as pain/suffering). Your collision and comprehensive will pay for the ACV (Actual Cash Value) of the vehicle.. which means whatever an evo with similar conditions/miles as yours is worth at the time of the accident - the deductable you carry. If your insurance can collect damages from the trucking company, they will give you your deductable back.

But you are in the middle of a huge 3 party headache... contact a lawyer, and he may get you a nice settlement. Worst case senereo, he will say you have no case, and move you along. but you need to act TOMORROW... not next week, not next month... get under the care of the lawyer and follow his advice ASAP.

worst case senero, you get nearly what your evo was worth, best case senereo, you get a nice settlement.

I am at the end of a two year legal case where I was hit on a motorcycle by a motorist. caused me to spend 3 days in the hospital, have a titanium plate in my arm, and 6 months of physical therapy. Found out that they were only insured for $35,000 (my bills were over 50K). 3 days ago, I finally recieved a check that paid for all of my expenses, as well as paid off all my debt and a nice chunk of change to put some money into the evo. Without my lawyer, I would have gotten about 7K back after expenses... with my lawyer, I got FAR MORE.
Old Sep 1, 2007, 07:23 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TempeRacerGuy
Everyone is right here... hire a lawyer. While the trucking company's auto insurance COULD be canceled because the truck was stolen, the company's laibility insurance could kick in here. The keys were left in the vehicle, so the arguement could be made that the trucking company is/was at fault.

If you have un/underinsured motorist coverage, your wife's medical bills will be taken care of by this claim (as well as pain/suffering). Your collision and comprehensive will pay for the ACV (Actual Cash Value) of the vehicle.. which means whatever an evo with similar conditions/miles as yours is worth at the time of the accident - the deductable you carry. If your insurance can collect damages from the trucking company, they will give you your deductable back.

But you are in the middle of a huge 3 party headache... contact a lawyer, and he may get you a nice settlement. Worst case senereo, he will say you have no case, and move you along. but you need to act TOMORROW... not next week, not next month... get under the care of the lawyer and follow his advice ASAP.

worst case senero, you get nearly what your evo was worth, best case senereo, you get a nice settlement.

I am at the end of a two year legal case where I was hit on a motorcycle by a motorist. caused me to spend 3 days in the hospital, have a titanium plate in my arm, and 6 months of physical therapy. Found out that they were only insured for $35,000 (my bills were over 50K). 3 days ago, I finally recieved a check that paid for all of my expenses, as well as paid off all my debt and a nice chunk of change to put some money into the evo. Without my lawyer, I would have gotten about 7K back after expenses... with my lawyer, I got FAR MORE.

Rodger, this is exactly what i have done,,,,, thnks you all
Old Sep 1, 2007, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry to hear
Old Sep 1, 2007, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

That sux dude....glad to hear your wife is doing ok.
Old Sep 1, 2007, 08:14 AM
Former Sponsor

typically in a case like this when theres a crime being commited the insurance will put one of their lawyers on the case themselves so they dont have to take the hit out of their own pocket.

If you go that route and let them take care of it you'll see every penny thats owed to you auto and medical but you wont have very much extra. very little to pocket.

If you do it yourself you're looking to pocket much more money, this process will probably take a year before you see a dime. Thru insurance you'll have a check by friday.

Cheers!
Old Sep 1, 2007, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

+++ vibes for you

g/l with everything
Old Sep 1, 2007, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Claim with your insurance. you pay deductible. insurance sues. you might get your deductible back and if not you are just happy that your wife wasnt injured
Old Sep 1, 2007, 06:56 PM
Account Disabled

He has messaged me, and his wife's neck is screwed up. Don't do it yourself, because with a case like this, their lawyer will say "we're not responsible... sorry"

Your insurance company will hire a lawyer to gain back the property damage, they will not work to get your personal injury claim taken care of.

Your personal injury lawyer will handle your own personal injury...

This is a case that will involve alot of lawyers... sure you will pay him 30-33% from your personal injury claim... but it's worth it.

If I did my claim myself, I would have pocketed very little... my lawyer got me a pretty nice settlement...
Old Sep 2, 2007, 12:59 AM

Wow that's insane, glad your wife is ok and good looking out by the other forum members.
Old Sep 2, 2007, 07:35 AM
Evolving Member

that sucks

Quick Reply: tottaled evo ,, bad day