Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Possible scammer: Evo-L... anyone deal with this member before?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2007, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possible scammer: Evo-L... anyone deal with this member before?

Two weeks ago I attempted to purchase a set of HKS 280 cams from member Evo-L.
Here is a link to the original thread: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=289490

A money order was sent out for $335.00 to his address and he notified me that it was received on Saturday 9/1 and that he would ship the cams to me after the holiday on the following Tuesday 9/4 and also supply a tracking number.

Tuesday came and went with no tracking number so I send him a PM on Wednesday asking nicely for an update. I get no response even though I see he has logged on that day. Thursday rolls around and again I ask for an update and tell him he promissed me a tracking number two days ago and I am getting worried. He doesn't respond again even though I see he is logged on and received it.

So this morning I send him another PM telling him that if he can't provide a tracking number like he promissed I want my money back. I also send this message to his email address: smw_300@yahoo.com . This happened in the AM of this morning and here it is 7pm EST and he has not responded to either my email or PM dispite the fact that I just checked his profile and he was on less then an hour ago.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/members/33329-darksideeng.html

I did a search on him and nothing negative came up. I also requested, and he provided, pics of the cams with markings showing that what he was selling was actually what I wanted. I have a feeling this punk is ripping me off! Has anyone had any dealings with this guy before?
Old Sep 7, 2007, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

He seems to have very very good feedback... I doubt its a scam.. but you never know!
Old Sep 7, 2007, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, he his feedback is high which is why I thought he was trust worthy.
You would think at the least he would respond to his PMs or emails if there was a problem.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Feedback might be good, but his social skills obviously are not that great. If it was me, the maximum feedback I would give would be a neutral, but more than likely I would just give him a negative feedback. He lied to you, even if things did come up... hes been online & has seen your posts. If he had time to get on EVOM, he has time to pm you.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

dude im sorry to hear to that, thats why im ify on purchasing stuff from other members from outa state just a lil risky if you ask me
Old Sep 7, 2007, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by donmeca2020
dude im sorry to hear to that, thats why im ify on purchasing stuff from other members from outa state just a lil risky if you ask me
Everything has a risk. Ive bought alot of high end merchandise from regular ol' joes here online. On this site, the most expensive item I bought was TEIN coilovers with EDFC... but the guy was trustworthy & did everything he said he was going to do, to the 'T'. But not answering pms is downright dirty.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

there is no excuse for not answering a PM, even if its to say it hasn't shipped or you don't have a tracking number. Ignoring a PM or emails, several in this case, is obviously shady business and throws up an imediate red flag.

Tomorrow I'm calling my bank first thing in the morning and see if there is anything I can do.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 06:46 PM
BBS
Evolved Member

Your first mistake was sending a money order. Might as well put cash in an envelope and mail it like that. The bank is not going to be able to help you. Just be ready for a possibly long and agonizing process.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

I should have sent a check instead. He even asked me not to, its no wonder, he obviously planned on ripping me off from the begining.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks like a case for judge joe brown. lol...
good luck!
Old Sep 7, 2007, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Next time you should at least use paypal or something that you can at least dispute.I would never send a personal check.Someone could get ur bank info off of a personal check.Good luck though!
Old Sep 7, 2007, 11:19 PM
Evolving Member

for poor communication from seller.
Don't ever send m/o or cash in envelop to someone that you don't know personally.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 11:30 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry to hear this kind of stuff is happeing on this site. Small claims court may be your only option and that might not be worth the cost of an out of state situation.

I say if he doesn't make good by Monday or Tursday then the Moderators should BAN HIM!!

I know that does not get your money back but it would prevent him from doing it to others.

Good luck.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 01:12 AM
Evolving Member

Do you have his phone number?
Possibly get with the people that gave him positive feedback in his profile, and try to gather as much information on him as possible. Then take all your gathered info and call his local P.D. I am sure he will respond to their attempts of contact.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 04:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by diviniti
Do you have his phone number?
Possibly get with the people that gave him positive feedback in his profile, and try to gather as much information on him as possible. Then take all your gathered info and call his local P.D. I am sure he will respond to their attempts of contact.
thats exactly what I planned on doing

Quick Reply: Possible scammer: Evo-L... anyone deal with this member before?