Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

exhaust problem

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2007, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
exhaust problem

i have a hks hi power catback and when it rains and if i splash in a puddle i heard a can rattling noise. i was wonder if anyone else has the same problem and how can i fix it. its only when it rains
Old Oct 27, 2007, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you ran through any puddles when it is not raining?
Old Oct 27, 2007, 09:25 PM

check the hangers or piping to make sure its not hitting anything... i dont understand how its only happening when its raining lol..
Old Oct 27, 2007, 09:31 PM

^+1
Old Oct 28, 2007, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by daesup45
i have a hks hi power catback and when it rains and if i splash in a puddle i heard a can rattling noise. i was wonder if anyone else has the same problem and how can i fix it. its only when it rains
Mine does the same thing. What I think is that water splashes on the pipe and changes the angle of it since the pipes get cooler. A good friend of mine told me that he's sure that it is hitting on the front sway bar. But I swear I can hear it directly under my cup holders. Seeing that it doesn't rain much in Texas, I haven't address this problem yet. Good luck.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 07:40 PM

I think this is an inherent problem with the HKS system! This happens to me and MANY OTHERS if you do a search of "vibration...rain...exhaust" There's a community of us! I don't know of any other owners with ANOTHER type of exhaust that this happens to! I have been thinking about trading up to Vishnu and getting their tune as well... Cuz I have to say this is driving me INSANE... like I don't want to drive when it rains out cuz the vibration of the drive shaft (my theory) against the exhaust gets violent sometimes... especially when driving through standing water.

The drive shaft coupling in the middle of the car actually touches the resonater pipe on the exhaust...I'm actually looking into different exhaust hangers which I hear helps the problem SOMEWHAT.