Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My Evo ix won't start Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2007, 12:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Evo ix won't start Please Help!

I have an Evo ix Mr which wouldn't start yesterday morning after a very cold night. the battery is good, its turning over but it won't start, acts like it needs gas. of coarse there is gas in it. I'm thinking it might be the fuel pump. I left a message at a dealership, cause its still under warranty, (will I have to pay for a tow from my house to the shop? and labor or does warranty cover all expenses?) any ideas on whats wrong with my baby?
Old Dec 17, 2007, 12:06 AM
Evolved Member

you sure your battery is good. My evos battery just died last month and that was only 2 years old. The tow is free from mitsu, when you bought your car it should of came with the mitsu service card which has a number you can call that will get a tow truck to tow your car to the nearest mitsu dealership for free.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 12:12 AM
Evolving Member

I originally thought it was the battery. I even had a jump (which in heinsight was retarded) but nothing. this is just an all of the sudden thing too, no warning sign. I even went to the extremes of having my STi buddy look at it. Haha. what about the labor? if its faulty parts mistu will pay for all expenses or no?
Old Dec 17, 2007, 12:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RedHook
I originally thought it was the battery. I even had a jump (which in heinsight was retarded) but nothing. this is just an all of the sudden thing too, no warning sign. I even went to the extremes of having my STi buddy look at it. Haha. what about the labor? if its faulty parts mistu will pay for all expenses or no?
if it's a faulty part then that is what the warranty is for. labor & parts are all covered under warranty, you shouldn't pay a penny to get the problem fixed.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 12:20 AM
Evolving Member

my first car with warranty. So i'm not used to someone else paying. Any ideas, besides the battery, on what might be wrong? possible Thrown Engine code maybe? Its probably just karma, cause my buddy has a new sTi which keeps having problems and I keep giving him chit.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 12:45 AM
Pocket Mo

First thing you want to check is the fuse for the fuel pump. If that's good, move on to next step.

Remove the fuel line from the fuel rail and make sure fuel is getting to that point. If not you're looking at either a leak, electrical issue from fuse box to fuel pump, or a faulty fuel pump, all covered under warranty.

If all of that is good, make sure you're getting a spark.

Easiest thing to do is have the car taken to the dealership and they'll do all the work under warranty.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 01:00 AM

You don't have to pay for the tow every evo owner has diamond care card that offers free towing to the dealer for repairs, but also you should check to see if your plugs are good and see if they are all firing.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 01:09 AM
Evolving Member

I checked the fuse, its good. its cold as chit out there. theres no leakage on the gound either, I've been looking through my mitsu books, I don't see a diamond care card or any card, hope thats okay. where would it be?
Old Dec 17, 2007, 01:12 AM
Pocket Mo

How cold is it out there? Hope your fuel didn't freeze in the lines.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 01:16 AM
Evolving Member

only 17 degrees tonight. but i bet it was 5 degrees that night. what temp does gas freeze? been awhile since science class. brrr.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 01:23 AM
Pocket Mo

The moisture in your fuel lines can easily freeze in those temps clogging your fuel lines and preventing fuel from getting to the motor. Try getting a heat gun or leaving a space heater underneath the car for a period of time. One sure way of knowing if fuel is getting to the motor or not is disconnecting the fuel line from the rail. It's a 5 second job if you have a fuel line disconnect tool. If indeed the moisture in your lines froze, try getting some methyl alcohol and adding it to your tank to help prevent this from occurring again.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 01:31 AM
Evolving Member

well the night before i was rushing home, so i didn't let her warm up but for maybe a couple of minutes, but it was warm enough today, I would think it would have melted any frozen moisture right? I hope its that and not faulty chit, I love to brag about the quality of my evo, this puts a damper on my chit talking. So if your in Wyoming try to keep this on the dl. haha
Old Dec 17, 2007, 01:37 AM

yeah my car did the same thing a a few weeks ago. it was acting like it needed gas. i popped the hood and check the fuses under the hood and i had a blown fuse i replaced it and its been running fine. check out ur fuses
Old Dec 17, 2007, 01:39 AM

are you throwing any codes?
Old Dec 17, 2007, 01:46 AM
Evolving Member

Fuses are all good. it was the fuel pump fuse right? Im just thinking maybe I should go out in the morning and give er a good check over, Pull every fuse. I just scanned the top and saw no breaks. This is bad azz that i can get pretty much professional assistance at 3 in the morning. Thanks fellas.