Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

terrible wheelhop and noise?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2007, 05:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
terrible wheelhop and noise?

a couple of days ago i started feeling a terrible wheel hop and a harsh sound coming from the front!
say am in 2nd gear at 3000rpm as i hit gas and get boost i get a crazy wheelhop! at 3rd or 4th gear i get a gr8 wheel hop and a harsh sound coming from front( the sound is like wen sliding a clutch). its weird!
i tried lowering boost at 15 psi rather than 19-20 psi(wat i run usually), ofcourse didnt feel any wheelhop except at 4th gear but without any sound! now it cold somehow!
out of curiosity i unplugged the vaccum line going from the T from bov and throttle body to the mbc; and i can hear the sound of air being sucked as crazy!!never heard that b4! is it bec its cold? plz help!
Old Dec 22, 2007, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sure it's not yur clutch slipping?
Old Dec 22, 2007, 06:21 AM
Evolving Member

my clutch is new,ralliart stage one! for sure its not a clutch thing! if its slipping i will see rpm is rising with no speed, but its not the case!

Last edited by ranz; Dec 22, 2007 at 06:26 AM.
Old Dec 22, 2007, 06:26 AM
Former Vendor

you have wheel hop so you unplug a vacuum line? then plug the damn line back in to stop the noise..

are your tires tight.

your not qualified to own or operate this car.. take it to someone who is..
sorry i also have happy hard time reading your postesseses.

Last edited by Curt@MrLed; Dec 22, 2007 at 06:29 AM.
Old Dec 22, 2007, 06:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dafarmer69
you have wheel hop so you unplug a vacuum line? then plug the damn line back in to stop the noise..

are your tires tight.

your not qualified to own or operate this car.. take it to someone who is..
sorry i also have happy hard time reading your postesseses.

come on man, ofcourse i didnt unplug the vaccum line to make the noise stop! its not related to the sound am getting!!!
i was zipting my mbc and unplug it and noticed that vaccum was more than b4!

my tires are 31psi!(235/45/17)

am sure am qualified! and if you dont have anything to say! just be quiet!
Old Dec 22, 2007, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

Well then you need to describe it better because it's not wheel hop. Based on the mods in your sig. it is impossible for you to get wheel hop. Even AMS's 1000hp drag car can't get wheel hop in 4th gear. If you in deed think it's wheel hop then your tranny is f'd up and might need to be ripped apart to see what the problem is. Looking at vacuum lines or hoses is not going to fix the problem.
Old Dec 22, 2007, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

boost i dont think is the problem here. are your tires good???? as in no wires showing???? and remember if you disconnect a vacuum line then seal it off. But like above stated no way whatsoever you will be getting wheel hop out of 20 psi...........

The clutch however could be the problem being that is the only mod that you have that seems closely related to the problem described
Old Dec 22, 2007, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

did it start doing it wright after the clutch install?
Old Dec 22, 2007, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I dont think you realise what wheel hop is, your car would be making noise's as if you hit railroad tracks doing 40 over and over until you regained perfect traction. which should not be an issue. I spun threw 1st until i shifted into 2nd and didnt have wheel hop and the only reason i could even spin the tires was from them being to worn down.
Old Dec 22, 2007, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

from what i read here and there; am getting convinced that its not wheelhop! plus i didnt have that b4 2 weeks having same mods and with the same clutch!
probably the way the vibrations and sound i was feeling made me think that way!
by the way my tires are new!
i have been told to check where the engine or the transmisson sits on if its vibrating!
Old Dec 22, 2007, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Did you break your clutch in?
Old Dec 22, 2007, 04:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by markymark1082
Did you break your clutch in?
didn't get what u mean?
Old Dec 22, 2007, 04:41 PM
Former Vendor

like everyone else said before me, you not making sense..

unless you have a bad joint, loose parts or bad motor mount you will not get wheel hop.

you wrote
i unplugged the vaccum line going from the T from bov and throttle body to the mbc; and i can hear the sound of air being sucked as crazy!!never heard that b4!

i answered.. you were not clear if you plugged it back. i made a judgement call based on your post.

you also dont know what breaking a clutch in means.. first 500 miles of a new clutch car must be driven with ease..

if this is not done the clutch will slip and chatter. maybe what your getting is chatter.

in order to get an answer to what your looking for you need to ask the right question, and the info you have givin so far makes no sense.. take a video, that would help. most of us here try to help others, but we cant when what yu post and type makes no sense.

lastly i wont shut up this is a public forum, if you dont like my comments dont respond to them.
Old Dec 22, 2007, 05:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dafarmer69
like everyone else said before me, you not making sense..

unless you have a bad joint, loose parts or bad motor mount you will not get wheel hop.

you wrote
i unplugged the vaccum line going from the T from bov and throttle body to the mbc; and i can hear the sound of air being sucked as crazy!!never heard that b4!

i answered.. you were not clear if you plugged it back. i made a judgement call based on your post.

you also dont know what breaking a clutch in means.. first 500 miles of a new clutch car must be driven with ease..

if this is not done the clutch will slip and chatter. maybe what your getting is chatter.

in order to get an answer to what your looking for you need to ask the right question, and the info you have givin so far makes no sense.. take a video, that would help. most of us here try to help others, but we cant when what yu post and type makes no sense.

lastly i wont shut up this is a public forum, if you dont like my comments dont respond to them.
i believe i should check the motor mount and joints!
my new clutch passed 500 miles, and i was driving it with ease!
i dont want u to shut up; but try not to be rude! i will try to clear anything u ask about! i was too much worried about this and probably didnt make my points or question clear! and 10x for ur input!
and about the vaccum thingy i was just trying to see if vaccum increase when its cold weather!
Old Dec 22, 2007, 05:08 PM
Former Vendor

your vacuum will be same regardless of temp. only thing that changes vacuum is rpm.

you didnt take your time in asking a question so i didnt take my time giving one.
if someone walks up to you asking if you can help them for minute, and all they say is "do this" and point at something, youre gonna look at them weird and ask what the hell are they talking about.

im not rude just brutaly honest.

anyways you need to check and make sure all mounts are tight and not broken.. to list what could be wrong without seeing the car or having more info i cant help.. i could sit and type 10 paragraphs of whats possibly causing your problem.