Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Interior upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2008, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interior upgrades?

I think we can all agree that in comparison to class rival cars, the Evolutions interior is sub par and disappointing in the creature comforts area sharing most same interior as a base lancer. I love my Evo and everything about it, but I could be happier with a better interior and driver comforts. I like to ulitize my car for what it was built and intended for, but I also would like to up the comfort and features of the interior. I have two pitties and I do alot of camping and road trips to cali. I have yet to do those things in the Evo, putting my two pits in the back isnt so much a concern, they are behaved and have dog seatbelts, but as far as long distance trips or going up to the mountains to camp, I think I could upgrade a bit.
I'm looking at the orbital double din for nav and dvd abilities for starts. Also looking at an all-weather trunk mat and trunk cargo net. Maybe put a set of Brides in for a more aggresive and comfortable seat (although the Recaros get the job done). A set of Ralliart door scuffs, a set of all weather floor mats for going the the mountains and re-doing the factory tint to something a bit more darker with a windshield strip.
I know I'm limited to what I can do considering I'm driving a road legal rally car and not a mini van, but I figured a couple little things would be more enticing for the insides. I plan on keeping my Evo for a long time to come and want to make the best of it. Any opinions or advice?
Old Jan 2, 2008, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

I would say so far your options look good. I already have the darker tint (as do most people) and all-weather floor mats because the stock ones suck. Doing a double din for your navigational system has also been done by many people and if you need help on that then post a question on the sound section or your can also do a search in that section as well. I think there are aftermarket companies that make an all-weather trunk mat and you could always go with the OEM trunk cargo net. Good luck on whatever you do.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 09:14 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I have the factory trunk net and absolutely love it! It's unobtrusive and it goes a long way to make sure that packages don't turn into cruise missiles on the way home from the store.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

Those all sound like reasonable upgrades shouldnt be too hard to get all that..well except spending like 2k on a pair of brides