Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo to Mustang/Mustang to Evo?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2008, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo to Mustang/Mustang to Evo?

I'm curious for some feedback from former/current 2005 and up Mustang GT owners. Are you happy with your decision to move to a Mustang (provided you are still lingering here...) or from a Mustang to an Evo?

Yeah, I hate this sort of thread too. Make no mistake, there is no other car I'd rather own that my Evo but I occasionally think about good ol' lazy torque...

Last edited by Fujilicious; Mar 19, 2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fujilicious
I'm curious for some feedback from former/current 2005 and up Mustang GT owners. Are you happy with your decision to move to a Mustang (provided you are still lingering here...) or from a Mustang to an Evo?

Yeah, I hate this sort of thread too. Make no mistake, there is no other car I'd rather own that my Evo but I occasionally think about good ol' lazy torque...
Eh. Going from a very agail evo to a tank of a mustang. I can't. Although a friend went from an civic to a mach 1.
After driving an evo. There is no other....
Old Mar 19, 2008, 12:46 PM

Personally, I used to hate Mustangs. But they've grown on me, and I can understand why people drive them. Although the V6 ones are worthless, Cobras and other higher performance ones are pretty decent. I'd never give up my Evo for one though. AWD > all
Old Mar 19, 2008, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
Drove a friends Mustang GT 5.0 and I kept saying wow this sucks... sounds cool with his exhaust but does not even compare in my book to an Evo. Like ^^^ said "agail evo to a tank of a mustang" besides sounding cool I got nothing for Pro's vs Evo
Old Mar 19, 2008, 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

a mustang is a completely different beats to an evo...if you're just switching to a regular or even gt mustang from an evo, you're gonig to feel like you just went from a small fast car, into a tank. personally even the new gt500 or cobra stangs disappoint me...they are not all that great or fast...
Old Mar 19, 2008, 02:02 PM

Actually, the new Bulitt version is probably the best balanced of the bunch, to my mind, as far as equipment and price (minus dealer "market adjustment"). I have no interest in something like the GT500 with its nose-heavy weight distribution, bloated price and insufficient chassis to handle that much power. Better choices out there. However, when you get closer to, or less than $30K, a Mustang starts making sense. With rebates, X-Plan pricing, etc., decently equipped GTs can be had for $25K.

I certainly wouldn't expect the handling dynamics of an Evo, but with the Ford (or aftermarket) handling pack and decent rubber I would expect to be smiling most of the time, until that inevitable first visit to my friendly Ford dealer...
Old Mar 19, 2008, 02:04 PM
Former Sponsor

I love my stang but sure miss awd. Since I am having child #2 I would like to sell my stang and get into an evo for practical reasons. If you love v8 sound and drag racing mostly then a stang is the way to go when modded appropriately. If you love twisty's, braking, 4 doors, and traction stick with an evo.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

^^^ TRUST ME he knows what he is talking about. he drives both all the time..
Old Mar 19, 2008, 03:36 PM
JKD
Evolving Member

I come from a 500rwhp Camaro (not mustang) and I can honestly say stick to your evo. The lowend torque and drag racing is the benefit of a v8 but it generally fails in every other area.

I love both though!
Old Mar 19, 2008, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

we have 05 GTs on the lot at my work for 20,000.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

its apples and oranges, i love my stang but i love my evo just as much. Honestly i couldnt live with out either.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 05:18 PM
Former Sponsor

^^If I could , that would be my choice (to have both). An evo is an all around kick a$$ car though. The stang is more of a specialized vehicle. You have to pick what you want it to do and then set it up for that ( ie drag, autocross, dd, etc.) With an evo you can do it all and still put your kids in the back easily and go to the park or something. The only thing you will miss with an evo is the v8 rumble and burnouts.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 06:13 PM
Evolving Member

when the rumors that ford might go to a twin turbo v6 lighter version of the mustang itd be worth considering, but as of now, its really not.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

i know that my evo can beat 'em, the GT that is
Old Mar 19, 2008, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

Only mustang I would sell the evo for is a GT500