Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

wierd and sudden. help please

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2008, 11:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wierd and sudden. help please

hey fellas just got my car back from satan. they replaced a broken valve spring under warranty and took it back again one more time because they left an exhaust leak by the exhaust manifold and the turbo. they broke two studs and fixed those. so the leak is gone but now i hear a chatter.

iam driving and hear and feel a chatter kind of like a shaving in the clutch pedal and the dash lights begin to dim when it happens. it is very sudden and never had this before. it also makes the car buck and bog. it happens randomly and the car drives great when it doesnt happen. i dont want to take it to the dealer again because they suck!!!.

what can this possibly be. it never happens at idle also. it happens when i begin to drive it.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 03:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Take your intake off and see if your turbo is rubbing by spinning it by hand. You should be able to hear it if it does. Just an idea since they may have split the turbo to replace the studs. Maybe they didn't put it back together correctly.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 07:08 PM

checked it and it feels fine. what i dont get is how the lights on the dash begin to dim when it happens. also noticed my radio cutting out a little bit today. im thinking this is an electrical problem but am basing it more on how the lights dim.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 07:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Make sure the serp belt is ok and check the altenator.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Somehow I missed the dash lights dimming in the first post.