Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Pretty tough standards for a "rumors" forum,

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2002, 03:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pretty tough standards for a "rumors" forum,

It seems to me just about any jackass can post any drivel they want (and most of them have), and not get their thread yanked. Because this is a >>rumors<< forum. But if someone states they're going to provide info that is of high quality then doesn't, the thread gets pulled. Very odd, and seemingly inconsistent. 'Course I've always thought piling on someone with good intentions was pretty f&*(ed up, too, and that never stopped anyone.

Guess the moral is, if you don't have it in your hand, don't mention it - or the jackals will be at your throat the second it's promised and not delivered.
Old Apr 24, 2002, 03:11 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Some rumor
Old Apr 24, 2002, 03:45 AM

THBPT!
Old Apr 24, 2002, 03:46 AM
Evolving Member

I think it was simply the way he worded his posts that caused for them to be yanked. He was speaking in pretty much 100% certainties, when it appears everything he stated was idle speculation at best. Moreover, I wouldn't even classify what he wrote as a "rumor". It was either a blatant lie, or something not worthy of discussion until the actual documents had been received.

Hell, I do hope that what he wrote is 100% true, and that he is able to post these confirmed spec's ASAP! That would be great!

But I really think it kind of got outta hand, especially when he promised this so called "book" on a certain day, and was unable to produce it. That caused for him to be flamed(whether right or wrong), and was soon to lead down a nasty path of one flame after another.

The mod's acted appropriately.
Old Apr 24, 2002, 04:34 AM
RaX
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Mordeth
But I really think it kind of got outta hand, especially when he promised this so called "book" on a certain day, and was unable to produce it. That caused for him to be flamed(whether right or wrong), and was soon to lead down a nasty path of one flame after another.
That's exactly it. It had turned into a flame fest. Once that happened a mod stepped in (not me) and closed the thread. After that I believe Lancer-Evo-VIII deleted his own thread so he could start fresh once again. He can correct me if I'm wrong.

Now danc, get back to imprezawrxsti.com and continue your argument with frankster. I've enjoyed reading it.
Old Apr 24, 2002, 05:08 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry, I'm done arguing with frankster, at least for the moment. I don't think he was really interested in hearing what I wrote, if it contradicted his theory that the EVO is the sole unquestioned lord of the universe (a common affliction on this board I've noticed).

I love both cars, at least what I've read of them. I hope I can drive both. There's even a slight (maybe 5% chance) I would still get the EVO, but the Mitsu dealer's are still complete *******s around here, unlike the Sube dealers.
Old Apr 24, 2002, 05:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by RaX

That's exactly it. It had turned into a flame fest. Once that happened a mod stepped in (not me) and closed the thread. After that I believe Lancer-Evo-VIII deleted his own thread so he could start fresh once again. He can correct me if I'm wrong.
What happened?? All I missed all the action, if anyone were to get flamed by anyone I would have to be involved next time. I knew that ***** wouldn't come through with all the BS.
BTW, it was originally posted as a General speculation and not a rumor by the creator.
Old Apr 24, 2002, 05:56 AM
Evolving Member

Angry

if it contradicted his theory that the EVO is the sole unquestioned lord of the universe (a common affliction on this board I've noticed).
You happen to be on a Lancer Forum, if you want to tell us it's crap, then prepare for some words in return. If you are so high on Subies, then great, I own an RS and I think it is a brilliant car, doesn't mean I dont think the Evo is a peice of crap. You are either posting to get on people's nerves, or you are uninformed. If all you have to say is negative, then you are asking for arguments, which we dont want. If I see anymore of these posts, they will be deleted immediatly.
Old Apr 24, 2002, 06:03 AM
Evolving Member

If you read my post, I said I "LOVE" the EVO. ???????????????????

Dude, take a hike on over to imprezawrxsti.com and see how frankster has trashed the living HELL out of the STi over there without being censored. You guys trash the hell out of the STi over here, and that's fine. But if I mention that some people on here are blinded by the EVO at the expense of seeing the greatness of other cars (and they are), I do not expect that type of comment to be deleted. I have witnessed that over here, when the EVO has been compared with the STi. You wanna delete this, go ahead. I'm not here to start anything, unlike frankster. But there sure as hell has to be some freedom to disagree.
Old Apr 24, 2002, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

Lancer-Evo-VIII,

Are you talking to me?
Old Apr 24, 2002, 07:43 AM
RaX
Evolved Member

Originally posted by danc
I have witnessed that over here, when the EVO has been compared with the STi. You wanna delete this, go ahead.
Do a search for Evo vs. STi posts and you'll see why everyone's sick of them. The topic has been beaten to death.
Old Apr 24, 2002, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

my apologies for any hand I may have had in having the thread removed. I really didnt mean to flame anyone, i was just highly doubtful of this book appearing anytime soon, and i was simply listing the inconsistencies that made me think so. i guess i kinda got on a roll and got a bit sarcastic and or hostile. sorry about that, i just didnt want too many to get their hopes up over some guy baiting them (Like everyone else, i'd love it if it were true, i just highly doubt it.
Old Apr 24, 2002, 09:19 AM

I'll admit that most of us are a little skeptical of your promises Evo-VIII.....I'm am, however, looking forward to you fulfilling what you've promised so we can all get a look at the concrete specs.

Don't let the board wh0res drive you away, there are some silent folks (like me) that don't post often - but read tons.

Of course, if you don't post that book info in 2 weeks time....well, you'll have lost credibility on this board, I'm sure you'll live tho.