Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What Did You Do To Your Evo Today? 2023

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2018, 05:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by patric78
Nice brake disks! What model are they? And size (original)?
Cheers,
Patric
Thanks!
They are DBA T3 ClubSpec 4000 Series Slotted Rotor and I got a good deal from Ken at KNS Brakes. They are OEM replacement, as far as what size they are. I really liked the slot pattern, the coated hub, and the cooling vein design. I went with Centric Premium High Carbon blanks for the rear.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 01:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cleaned up the engine bay! Got the valve cover powder coated, installed some true burnt titanium bolts from Dress Up Bolts, fitted the Radium Engineering PCV catch can, installed some new IKH24s, and did the throttle cable relocation mod! Let me know what you think!

Before:

After:
The following users liked this post:
Is2scooby (Jul 15, 2018)
Old Jul 12, 2018, 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Upgraded the fuel pumps in my double pumper. Walbro 525 for my primary and a walbro 450 for my secondary.

Old Jul 13, 2018, 03:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O2 dump

I have a question for anyone that can help , can I use a open dump with an internal wastegate or do I need to get the external? I plan on getting a external down the road but just wondering if I would need it to run the open dump . Thanks
Old Jul 13, 2018, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Moneypitxx96
I have a question for anyone that can help , can I use a open dump with an internal wastegate or do I need to get the external? I plan on getting a external down the road but just wondering if I would need it to run the open dump . Thanks
You can run an O2 dump with an internally gated turbo. Just buy the part (connection between the turbo hotside and the DP which has two outlets, one for WG, one for exhaust)

Old Jul 13, 2018, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by captiveis1
Cleaned up the engine bay! Got the valve cover powder coated, installed some true burnt titanium bolts from Dress Up Bolts, fitted the Radium Engineering PCV catch can, installed some new IKH24s, and did the throttle cable relocation mod! Let me know what you think!

Before:

After:
How's the throttle cable relocation working? The write up from a couple years ago is missing pictures so it's not clear to me what's going on.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 11:25 AM

Yeah I didn’t have any pictures from that DIY for reference either :/ but I kinda just looked at some engine bays that had it done and figured it out. I used the bolt that holds some relays against the firewall and attached the mount that went on the front of the valve cover on there with the relays. Not sure if this was the “right” spot but I felt it did the best job of keeping the bends in the cable smooth and as wide as possible. I then ziptied the cable to an ac line to keep it in place because I didn’t like where it sat against my catch can/the bend seemed a little sharp. All in all it turned out pretty good and I’ve got no problems with throttle binding/weird feel.
Heres some pics:

Is2scooby (Jul 15, 2018)
Old Jul 13, 2018, 11:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by captiveis1
Yeah I didn’t have any pictures from that DIY for reference either :/ but I kinda just looked at some engine bays that had it done and figured it out. I used the bolt that holds some relays against the firewall and attached the mount that went on the front of the valve cover on there with the relays. Not sure if this was the “right” spot but I felt it did the best job of keeping the bends in the cable smooth and as wide as possible. I then ziptied the cable to an ac line to keep it in place because I didn’t like where it sat against my catch can/the bend seemed a little sharp. All in all it turned out pretty good and I’ve got no problems with throttle binding/weird feel.
Heres some pics:

Super helpful. Thanks!
Old Jul 14, 2018, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acd pump change

Swapped out my acd pump finally got time to do it and got it out of the way no more 3 lights finally

Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

My exhaust has been chipping paint for a while now so I finally got around to cleaning it up as best as I could for an old exhaust.

Last edited by Moose_421; Jul 14, 2018 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Other picture never uploaded
Is2scooby (Jul 15, 2018)
Old Jul 14, 2018, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts
What did you use to clean that, thats pretty good.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by huzzle101
What did you use to clean that, thats pretty good.
a little bit of everything haha jk. First I scrubbed it with degreaser and a scotch bright pad. Then i used a wire wheel that you can attach to a drill and just grinded the left over rust and paint off. Then go back to degreaser and scotch pads working your way from very course to fine. Then I used these metal Brillo type pads from 000 to 0000 gauge or size. After I was happy with the level of shine I wanted or could even get, I then used a combination of compounds,metal polish and last I used jet seal. I’m happy with it and I’m not repainting muffler after all that. If you want more details let me know.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 12:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Cleaned her (she definitively needed it).

Old Jul 20, 2018, 12:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Removed the front bumper and cussed at it for the massive pool of oil that it pissed out underneath it. From the looks of it I'll be pulling the trans and replacing the rear main seal this weekend... FML......
Old Jul 21, 2018, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

Dropped Evo off to CBRD for a stripped stud hole on cylinder head to exhaust manifold and might as well install turbosmart wastegate onto my bbk full and retune and add a flex section to my downpipe while I’m on vacation.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your Evo Today? 2023