Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

When I see snow falling, it's like the roads are covered in GOLD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2009, 05:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
put the camera in the car last night, filmed a few in car runs around this lot, I'll post it tonight, and hopefully I don't get another "warning"
Old Jan 29, 2009, 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

gotta love Buffalo winters... first day its sunny and 40 and then the next its snowy and 10 out
Old Jan 29, 2009, 07:39 AM

I hated the snow until I got Blizzak LM-25s (had summer tires on, DUMB!). Now I get disappointed when the roads are messy, and not just snow covered. So much fun when other people aren't around!
Old Jan 29, 2009, 07:49 AM
Evolving Member

im convinced that its impossible to get this car stuck in the snow....anyone else feel that way? btw dunlop winter sport 3d
Old Jan 29, 2009, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Petey Turbo
I went out last night and snapped a few pics..Running on nokian hakkapaletta RSi snow tires, they are awesome..

OMG you are the only evo owner other than myself i have seen using these beasts of a tire!!!! these are sick sick tires!!!!

STevo
Old Jan 29, 2009, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fmly evo
OMG you are the only evo owner other than myself i have seen using these beasts of a tire!!!! these are sick sick tires!!!!

STevo
yes these are by FAR my fave, and I have owned 4 different kinds so far from michelin to blizzacks, and this is they're 4th year in service!!
Old Jan 29, 2009, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

I have Blizzacks and I couldn't be happier with them. They're my first snow tires but I can't imagine how much better it can get.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 09:37 AM

My friend and I wait for snow just to do the same exact things. Some of the funnest moments in owning this car come in winter. Its just too bad like someone else posted, jersey, especially northeast jersey near nyc where I live, is crowded and not a whole lotta abandoned lots or twisties. There are places but you gotta look for them, and take a risk with cops...
Old Jan 29, 2009, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by boostincincy
Since I got off work last night, I've put over 100 miles on my car, and haven't gone further then 10 miles from the city, I just goto abandoned spots/lots around the city ,and slide around, trying to improve my snow drifting skills and what not. Once I picked up my friend, I decided that I needed to know what hills I could climb up in 6 inches of snow, and I never found one that I got stuck on.

And downtown Cincinnati is in a valley, so it's like mini San Francisco, in that there are hills EVERYWHERE, steep looong ones, s turns, everything.... it was the best night/morning of my life (almost).

no tickets, no dings/curbed wheels, just smiles...

tonight my friend and I will be taking a pile of cones to an industrial parking lot and setting up different types of turns, and obstacles to have fun on, so I can't wait.

Does anyone else feel like it's christmas when it's snowing?
i think we were in a class together last semester, fin acct or something??
Old Jan 29, 2009, 01:26 PM

It's always fun when it snows...
Old Jan 29, 2009, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lst4g63
i think we were in a class together last semester, fin acct or something??

Yeah man that was me. I'm jealous you have a WW, so hopefully I can peep it sometime. Holler or pm me
Old Jan 29, 2009, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've always thought that the Evo never handled in the snow as well as it should - especially running all-seasons. I was always able to get around, but never exactly looked forward to snow. So, I finally bit the bullet and am going to try out some Blizzak WS-60's. All I can say is that it better be a constant freakin' blizzard here in the 'burgh or i'm going to be jacked that I wasted 600 bucks.

I'll try to give a report of the differences once I get them installed next week...it better be night and day, haha.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2-4 inches of sleet and freezing rain and then another 3-5 inches of snow. Running Yokohama ADVAN S.4. (Ultra High Performance All-Season).

Getting around great.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Canexican
I've always thought that the Evo never handled in the snow as well as it should - especially running all-seasons. I was always able to get around, but never exactly looked forward to snow. So, I finally bit the bullet and am going to try out some Blizzak WS-60's. All I can say is that it better be a constant freakin' blizzard here in the 'burgh or i'm going to be jacked that I wasted 600 bucks.

I'll try to give a report of the differences once I get them installed next week...it better be night and day, haha.
that's crazy talk. it'll handle like a dream.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 04:53 PM

Lancers are soooo bogus. They're for cheap a$$es who can't afford and aren't man enough to handle an Evo. My bf drives an Evo; now that's a REAL man!

Quick Reply: When I see snow falling, it's like the roads are covered in GOLD