Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

haha so get this.. (warranty) wantagh ny.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2009, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha so get this.. (warranty) wantagh ny.

so i called up with a little list of stuff i want to get covered under warranty..
brakes.. couldnt even get to the other before calling him an ******* and hanging up... i was like my brake calipers are pink due to the clear falling off..
"do you bring your car to a car wash" NO....
"how do you clean your wheels" WHEEL CLEANER
"thats it, it eats the meteral on the brakes. making them pink" WHY DOES IT NOT EAT THE PAINT OFF THE WHEELS? "HUH" THEY ARE BOTH POWDERCOATED, WHY ARE MY WHEELS NOT SILVER (ITS AN MR), couldnt tell you,
i couldnt even get to the other dumb problems before hanging up and calling island (its like a jeep dealer) and there going to look at my tob noise ect !!!...
Old Aug 5, 2009, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Your calipers are pink? Most go brown... Weird. Btw, is this on your GTI? Or do you have an Evo?

Btw the wheel cleaner can eat the paint on the calipers, it's just paint... Your wheels are powdercoated, you answered your own question there... There's a reason you powdercoat your wheels instead of just painting them...
Old Aug 5, 2009, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

They are pink because the paint has faded due to not having any clear coat to protect as are mine. To the op if you have an evo 8 this is a common problem and getting a mitsubishi dealer to warrenty is like finding a unicorn same goes with the wings carbon fiber. also search next time you will find a 1000 of the same threads.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
LOL.. LI dealerships FTL!!! Mitsu 112 isn't any better..
Old Aug 6, 2009, 01:43 AM

Dealership said rust on my car is from a tire blowout... its inside the door seal. WTF. I hate mitsu sometimes. They did cover my Tcase though...
Old Aug 6, 2009, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

when ur warranty is denied, and they blame it on aftermarket or changes made by you....you can ask them to prove/show how it affected the issue.At the very least it makes them look like a bunch or idiots and jackasses
Old Aug 6, 2009, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

i'm seriously wondering why people haven't gotten lawyers for these such reasons -- where dealerships deny warranty work without proving that it was caused in a way or by an aftermarket part that would indeed by law unwarrentable.

auffenberg automall in illinois replaced my wing and breaks for the issues the OP is having..
replaced all four calipers when only the front two had the fading issues.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 02:57 PM
Evolving Member

^^ i wonder the same thing^^ people just kinda seem to put up with the Dealers BS and leave pissed off.

ive never really had an issue with the dealer. ive just always been upfront and honest. could be diff dealer to dealer tho. **** warranty work is $$$$ for the dealer.... especially with the lack of work coming into the businesses these days.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Just bring it in to the dealership. Trying to deal with warranty issues over the phone is pointless b/c they need to actually inspect the car before doing anything.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Void21
Dealership said rust on my car is from a tire blowout... its inside the door seal. WTF. I hate mitsu sometimes. They did cover my Tcase though...
basicly same story here. i had some issues that were left but when my t-case blew i got a new one for free
Old Aug 6, 2009, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
So..... how many miles are on your car.... we assume pink calipers that this is an evo

Basically the deuche at the service counter does not have the authority to deny warranty on anything. Brembo calipers are not powdercoated, they are painted by hand... and I would bet that because Mits is very cheap, they opped to pay for a much less quality paint process than normal....

I just got my FR calipers replaced about a month or so ago. The dealership adjuster was very nice actually, the tech inspected the car etc... and noted that the calipers looked like they have had brake fluid on them from bleeding etc.....
Well thats an awesome opinion/abservation, but we still need to wait for the corp. rep to inspect the vehicle...
In addition, I told the the adjuster there is no excuse that could be used to make the warranty on my brakes invalid, w/ 35K miles on the car the brakes have never been serviced, so there is no reason to break open the bleeders. From factory they use a vacuum fill process from the resevoir... after that if there is an issue they are bled normally, and if that be the case, than the fluid dripped on my calipers at the factory which yields a warranty issue. After I explain this process to him, I told him the only reason why I know this.......is because I am a brake engineer and design brakes for an OEM, and we have used Brembo as an OEM supplier in the past.

I didn't even see the corp. rep nor speak with him, even after I asked on two occasions... they went ahead and warrantied my brakes, not my rusted trunk seal brkts, nor would comment on my Tcase issue when a previous dealer told me I had no warranties and forced me to replace on my own dime...

MMNA is the only authority to warranty or deny.